Patience

Kunkl3r

FNG
Last archery season on my elk hunt I called a bull across the ridge. I could hear the bull bugle across the way and had a general idea where he was, but I couldn’t visually pick him up with my Binos. After a couple more of his bugles I spotted him in a small group of Quakees just across from me. I threw out one more bugle and BOOM! I hit that nerve to send him to go Bezerk. With him closing the distance I set up my shooting lanes waited for him anxiously to come insight. I could hear him below me coming closer and then silence. After a few seconds of silence I picked him up through the timber at 125 yards but would not come any closer than 100 yards. with him keeping his distance i thought a cow call would really get his clock turning but that was a negative. The bull crashed off through the timber and sent off one last bugle about 200yds away like he was laughing at me an that was the last I heard or seen of that bull. I don’t know if my cow call was what spooked him? If he winded me? But having him come in so agressive like that and then nothin at all was a major disappointment. Should I have just waited patiently, Send a bugle that triggered him in the first place?

Jbehredt

WKR
Tough to say. Ifthe bugle brought him that far on the double he probably wasn’t afraid of a little scuffle. I would have hit him with it again.

OP
Kunkl3r

Kunkl3r

FNG
I thought with the cow call she would wind his gears even more into battle, almost like he would have bragging with her as a prize. I guess if I would have backed her up with a bugle right after to shut her up might of had a different outcome.