Pawn Shop Tikka

Huntin_GI

WKR
Found a Tikka T3x (lite) 300 WinMag at a local pawn shop. Stainless RH. Appears clean. Has a Nikon P308 optic riding on top. Didn't catch the rings.

How much you think its worth? What price makes it a "great" deal vs a good "deal"?

Considering picking it up for a project in the future.

TaperPin

WKR
Half of new price is a great deal at pawn shops. 3/4 new is normal good price if it’s in new condition. I don’t trust pawnshop scopes - look for a dented main tube where it might have been bent in a fall. It’s human nature to put defective parts on anything being sold at a pawn shop.

You probably won’t get it for half of retail, but sometimes it happens.

JakeSCH

WKR
In my opinion the scope / rings do not have much value. That particular cartridge's / rifle combo is difficult to shoot well, so most of the value is in the action, which new one would cost $875.

So from that standpoint <$750 is a good deal, and <$600 is a great deal.

Tahoe1305

WKR
$600-$700.

I snagged a used one for $550 (naked) last month at a store. I think anything sub $600 for a used is a good deal. Can sell the barrel and stock/BM and deduct $150 from what you paid for action only if you want.

I bought a used stainless super light in 6.5 cm from a sportsman’s warehouse around Christmas time last year. I payed 620 for it out the door if memory serves. I think around the 600 mark is a decent deal for a used stainless tikka. I agree with wind gypsy that the scope is worthless and I guarantee that a pawn shop will add value to rifles with junk scopes.

It’s a pawn shop. Offer them 1/2 what they have on the sticker. If it was a pawn item they are $125 into it. If they bought it, they are $250 into it.

I sometimes offer them 25% of their asking price, especially if their asking price is new or higher price.

Pawn shops are different than a regular store when it comes to pricing.

Mike 338

WKR
I quite walking into pawn shops. As often as not, there's some internet deal on a new model that beats what the pawn shop is asking for their used, abused firearms. I'm not telling them how to do their business but I expect to pay used prices on used equipment.

Nhenry

Lil-Rokslider
I quite walking into pawn shops. As often as not, there's some internet deal on a new model that beats what the pawn shop is asking for their used, abused firearms. I'm not telling them how to do their business but I expect to pay used prices on used equipment.
On the other hand, I found (what I now think is) a lefty Jarrett beanfield rifle for like 900 bucks at one. Didn't know it at the time, though; just thought it was a nice custom. I bought it for the trued action and tore it apart.

Unckebob

WKR

I went into a pawn shop the other day. Theyhad a M700 280 Remington with some amazing features.
1) Exterior rust near the end of the barrel (I didn't bother to look inside the barrel)
2) Wood stock was complete garbage,
3) Bolt was very sticky and I thought it might have minor rust issues.

All for the low price of $700!

They also had a Browning A bolt for sale at a similar price that looked in ok condition, but the bolt lift was scary hard.

I would not fire either weapon on a bet.

Last edited: