Pay it Forward?

shaun

WKR
Hey guys when I updated my Eastmans subscription they included a new copy of David Longs book Public Land Mule Deer. I know there are alot of new guys on forum asking gear questions, scouting questions etc. etc. I was thinking of giving this book to the first person to PM me as long as they paid shipping. BUT there is a kicker a guy can only have it for a reasonable amount of time before he has to PAY IT FORWARD to the next guy in line. The book has a ton of information init from A-Z and I figured it would be a cool thing to do for someone wanting to get into backcountry back pack hunting out west. I remember seeing something similar to this on another forum and I thought it would be cool to do here. Thoughts?

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Haha Thanks Guys! well book is going to Gulicemo I should be able to ship it today or tomorrow Remember only keep it for a resonable period of time and send it to the next guy in line

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I was going to give it to you this weekend! But that's not gonna happen is it:)

bbrown

WKR
Cool idea - I like it.
I will look when I get home tonight but I have David Longs book along with Eastmans Elk and Cameron Hanes Backcountry books as well if I can find them. Same offer and stipulations apply if I can find them.
To be honest, David Long and Cameron Hane's books are packed full of info and good reads but the Mike Eastman book is a bit tougher of a read (a little slow) - still tons of good info though.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Love it, Shaun!

I just got a new copy too. I will even pay to ship. Keep it two weeks, and send her on...

I say we just keep it going on this thread. When you're done with the book, or time is up, offer it up on this thread.

Next PM gets it...

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Love it, Shaun!

I just got a new copy too. I will even pay to ship. Keep it two weeks, and send her on...

I say we just keep it going on this thread. When you're done with the book, or time is up, offer it up on this thread.

Next PM gets it...

I like that! Two week time limit is plenty! I think it took me 2 days to read the book after I bought it.

gulicemo

Banned
Thanks Shaun! I'll read it and get it off to the next. Guess I'll have to think of a creative way to designate the next recipient.

Hardstalk

WKR
I think this just turned into a book club for hunters. Either a. They sit and collect dust after we have read and reread them or b. we can pass them on. Ive got Cameron's book if anyone is interested.

If you haven't read it and have davids book you are willing to swap you get first dibs. Ill wait until this evening for a response. If I get no feedback on davids book than first come first serve. Ill cover shipping.

jls

FNG
I'd like to get on the reading list, who do I PM? That is a nice gift from eastmans, they offered me my pick of DVDs

bbrown

WKR
I can only find Mike Eastmans Elk book and I also found Eastmans Antelope book - PM me if you are interested. Hell I will even throw in the Hooche Mama or "IMAKA DABULL CRAZY" calls they sent.

Hardstalk

WKR
I think you should sign and date a blank page in the book & add your rokslide handle before shipping it off. It would be cool in a few years to want to reread your original and you can see all who have read it between now and then.

bbrown

WKR
Hardstalk - I like that alot. Kind of like the registrys you find at the top of peaks
Antelope book is heading your way tomorrow.

Last edited: