Pay Pal account

I have a paypal account linked to my Credit Card. I have bought a few things using the account but I never used it to sell something. I have a few things I would like to sell but I'm not sure sure I could the account. Can I sell using the account the way it is or does it need to be linked to your bank account?

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I believe you would just have an account credit where you could use the proceeds towards a future purchase. You would need to link a bank account to transfer the money out of PayPal.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I think this correct; if you sold something you would only be able to leave it in there for some future purchase; if you actually want the funds in hand you'll need to link a bank account

OP
Y
^ I think this correct; if you sold something you would only be able to leave it in there for some future purchase; if you actually want the funds in hand you'll need to link a bank account
OK, thank you very much!! That is why I asked. I will get my bank account linked.

Actually they do not let you use the funds to send back out anymore.
You have to link your bank account or open a PayPal bank account.
There is no other way to get or use your money.
But for what its worth I've used PayPal since 03 and have not have a problem yet.
Knock on wood. 😄

OK, thank you very much!! That is why I asked. I will get my bank account linked.

I started a new account for this. And only use it for PayPal. Just in case there is ever an issue they don’t have access to any of my “real money”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddog

WKR
If you plan to use it frequently, order the debit card. That's what I do for my "play" money. Use it as credit at stores and get cash back on all purchases. I linked my checking with my PP in case I see a sweet deal on the classifieds and there's not enough in my PP to cover it. Seemless transaction for the balance from my checking, seller gets the funds immediately. Don't actually even have to have a PP balance to purchase and still get cash back, 2% if I remember correctly.

Do not advertise or list in your PayPal account anywhere that you are paying or receiving money for gun/ammo related purchases. They are staunch anti-gun. Many have had their accounts locked down because of it. Also, sending or collecting money via “friends and family” avoids a fee imposed by PayPal.

OP
Y
Do not advertise or list in your PayPal account anywhere that you are paying or receiving money for gun/ammo related purchases. They are staunch anti-gun. Many have had their accounts locked down because of it. Also, sending or collecting money via “friends and family” avoids a fee imposed by PayPal.
Good to know. I'm not surprised, I think the company is based in Kalifornia.

solomtnhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I tried selling a tru-fire release on fleebay over the weekend and they required additional verification process even though i had 100% feedback. Upon trying doing the additional verification process... their "text a pin#" and "call us now" to verify process did NOT work. And now both my paypal and fleebay account was suspended and closed. I received an email from they saying my account was closed due to my suspicious activity. Now i gotta start all over again with them. :mad: Hope you have better luck then i did