Paying Someone to Make a Video from GoPro Footage

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
So I have downloaded Vegas Movie Studio 17, and am playing with some old GoPro footage I have.......I'm sure this is intuitive for most folks on here, like using an IPhone, but my 42 year old non-tech brain, I am having some difficulty with figuring it out. I will keep working on it, but I have an elk hunt coming up in November, and plan on taking some GoPro footage to document the trip. So far I have figured out how to get the clips into the studio, and how to put some words at the beginning, but start/stopping, incorporating music.......I'm not sure what to do or what to click on.

In case I am not able to get comfortable with it in the next couple of months, do any of you know of someone who does this for a fee, professionally?

I'd like to find someone who gets hunting, or better yet, focuses on it....don't want to send an SD card to some tree hugger who puts me on blast and throws away my footage.

TIA

Toothy12

FNG
I'm interested in what's out there as well... I know how to do it but its a time thing for me, seems I can never find the time to edit for hours

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been thinking about starting an editing service. The tough part would be that people might be unhappy with the results when the footage is sub par video and audio quality. I’m in the middle of switching editing programs, but have thought this would be a potential viable side hustle

Have you tried using the Quik software? It will auto edit what you put in it, but you still have the ability to tweak and adjust things if the algorithm didn’t do exactly what you wanted. Has music and you can put in titles, etc. I use the app version on my phone, but I believe there is a desktop version if you’re handling a lot of old footage.

You just upload into the software all you want and it spits out a fancy edit for you. Then I usually play around with the music, sometimes tweak the order of some of the events, maybe add in a picture or clip I forgot, then boom, 10 mins later you have a cool 1-3min video.

Toothy12

FNG
Ill look into Quik, sounds like it may be a decent solution for general video clips. However, I do think there's a market for someone doing some high quality editing. Not sure what price point would make sense though, I'm sure editing can get time consuming which would add up quickly from a cost standpoint

Austinbo3

FNG
I have always wondered about this kind of video making service also. In my experience of trying to make a video I end up coming to the realization that I have no idea what I'm doing and I would rather pay to have someone do it for me. if someone had the skill to make a video and would be willing to I would definitely be interested.

JoeRjolin

Lil-Rokslider
My son and I have been putting together videos for a while and have a pretty seamless process using Google Drive for sharing videos, uploading videos, etc. We can also upload to your Youtube channel, etc. If this is something you're interested simply reach out via message and we can go from there.