Paypal buyer protection. Ever had to file a claim?

Finch

WKR
I bought a used bow from someone on another forum. They have excellent feedback. Today I received the bow and was looking it over. First I noticed the sight had a broken piece of plastic inside which I don't even know what the purpose is for yet. It's attached to two screws that go to the bottom of the sight where this plastic is broken. I was going to let that slide as I could probably get a replacement one from CBE.

The bigger issue is I noticed what I thought was a crack in the sticker on the underside of the top cam. I ran my finger nail over it and felt it was splintered. Pretty decent splinter where I would not feel comfortable shooting it.

I just messaged this person explaining the issues and that I feel it is unacceptable. I don't want to imply they knowingly sold me this. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I feel I shouldn't be on the hook for this. I paid with paypal using goods and services.

If he's unwilling to make this right, do I have a leg to stand on?20220630_182339.jpg

rclouse79

WKR
That is a bummer. If I were the judge in this case I would order the seller to refund your money minus what he paid for shipping upon the return of the bow. I would make you eat the shipping as a lesson to not buy used bows you can’t check out first. Good luck.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
Did you pay with the Family and Friends option? If so you have no protection.
No, paid with goods and services. I will give him a chance to make it right before going thru paypal though.

CorbLand

WKR
Only time I have ever had to file a claim, it was easy. The item was stated as being in California and the tracking came out of China. Took six weeks to get the actual item but I filed a case the day I could. Took a couple days and PayPal gave me my money back pretty quick.

Make sure you go and screen shot the original post with the description of the products condition.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
Only time I have ever had to file a claim, it was easy. The item was stated as being in California and the tracking came out of China. Took six weeks to get the actual item but I filed a case the day I could. Took a couple days and PayPal gave me my money back pretty quick.

Make sure you go and screen shot the original post with the description of the products condition.
I did screen shot the post already but good thinking sir! I asked more questions via PM specifically about any flaws and was only told about the finish wear off of the grip. Again, I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt.

Broomd

WKR
Yes, have used a couple of times. Long time Paypal users so they were very prompt and courteous in handling our issues.
We didn't know it, but PP informed us that we were 'premier' users (over $50K in transactions?) and they were anxious to keep us happy.

Will_m

WKR
I only used it once on something that was either slow to ship or wasn’t ever going to ship. I think PP gave them a chance to respond and they didn’t contest it so it was taken care of promptly by PP. It made me feel comfortable using PP for sure.

Buddy got burned on a sight that was listed on Facefork classifieds. I found the same item pictures listed on AT in a search.

He was able to get refunded pretty easily.

That was because the item never shipped and the account disappeared I think.

Receiving an item, might make it more difficult.

Rich M

WKR
They should make it right.

Guy sent you a busted bow.

If it wasn’t busted when he sent it, was it insured? One avenue.

If not, file the claim right now. Save yerself the headache. It will take some time and effort, so get thst started.

I also had to file a claim once years ago and it was pretty painless and easy. You should have no problem if he doesn't make it right

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Once, probably 12-15 yers ago, I bought something on eBay that was not as described when it arrived. Tried returning it but the seller said I was Sh!t out of luck. I filed a claim with PayPal and was reimbursed about three months later.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
Well things worked out for me on this. The seller stated he did not realize the bow had these issues and stated that was not how he does business. He refunded me the money and also sent an extra $40 for return shipping. I made $8 on this fiasco since shipping was a little cheaper to send back. :) Not worth the worry though!

CorbLand

WKR
Well things worked out for me on this. The seller stated he did not realize the bow had these issues and stated that was not how he does business. He refunded me the money and also sent an extra $40 for return shipping. I made $8 on this fiasco since shipping was a little cheaper to send back. :) Not worth the worry though!
Good deal. Always refreshing when people are honest and willing to work with each other.