PayPal friends and family

CorbLand

WKR
Holy shit, all of this over a simple question.

A question for all of those saying that they will always pay the fee. You have no control over how anyone sends the money to you. If someone chose to send you the money Friends and Family, would you send it back to them and ask them to send it Goods and Services?

fastaedna

FNG
Friends and Family means you pay a fee, not the person selling the goods. IMO worth the little bit extra for the insurance of sending it as goods/services

2blade

WKR
You have no control over how anyone sends the money to you. If someone chose to send you the money Friends and Family, would you send it back to them and ask them to send it Goods and Services?

yes, I have done so quite a few times

amassi

WKR
Holy shit, all of this over a simple question.

A question for all of those saying that they will always pay the fee. You have no control over how anyone sends the money to you. If someone chose to send you the money Friends and Family, would you send it back to them and ask them to send it Goods and Services?
Yes I do, f&f is instant so the whole thing takes about 2 minutes

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Good on you guys for doing that. The concept doesn't make sense to me but if you really do that, good for you.

I view it as I pay Paypal for a service and if I dont feel like I need that service then I dont want to pay for it. That service being protection. If I spend a ton of money I pay it. If its cheap I dont worry about it.

Last edited:

LitenFast

WKR
I’ve never had 3% make or break a deal.

We are talking 3$ on a $100 item right?

$1.50 on a $50 item

60$ on a $2000 item?

I’ve done money order on stuff and it’s a pain imo. I’d gladly pay 3% to be protected and for the convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welpro222

WKR
Listen to your gut feelings. Usually I use F&F, since I consider most users on here to be good friends or even hunting brothers for that matter. If someone is asking me to send F&F for a higher dollar item, i will ask them to accept G&S plus fee.

I got burned over at ar15.com for $280. The member screwed a few people (drug problem). He did luckly step up and admitted to it and is now repaying everyone back. Taught me a lesson that it was probably to good to be true with the item being such a good price.