PayPal friends and family

ODB

WKR
Be careful with selling gun stuff or sending large amounts of $$$ via F&F.

hoff1ck

WKR
3% for PayPal to provide the service and protection to the buyer hardly seems like a rip off. As already stated it's definitely better to forfeit the few bucks to use goods & services if that is what it is for.

Reactions: 307
I realize that in the grand scheme of things, PayPal may not be friendly towards gun owners, but you do realize that if using the F&F option, you get ZERO protection against a bad transaction. The fees are pretty cheap insurance against getting ripped off. The cost of 3 or 4 dollars per $100 spent is well worth it to me to ensure that my money doesn't disappear into someone's account or that when I get my "like new" item and find out that it is anything but, I am protected from losing of my investment. Pay the fees, buy with confidence.

amassi

WKR
Further: the abuse of the f&f will only lead to an increase of fees and more stringent transaction requirements. I'm not sending someone alpha glass $$ without us both being protected. It's easy as the seller to factor in the fee to your selling price

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
If the guy's a 'friend' and you trust him, use the option.
If you don't know him, don't. Simple.

Personally, guys that I know well here and trust, the Northernpikers, Fatbacks, etc. would be obvious F&F candidates, ie. they are friends.

Broomd

WKR
Ethically objectionable to use F&F for purchasing goods IMO. It's stealing a service from a business, as well as being a bad idea in terms of protecting buyer and seller.
Outrageous.
Why would using the service when dealing with a friend be objectionable? That's the whole point and why PP offers it! It ain't rocket science.

It costs PayPal nothing to send/recieve money, inside their network and wire transfers to banks are free. Everyone is an adult, and PayPal knows what F&F is used for. I'm sure they have the metrics and could shut things down if they actually cared, they dont. It's more about individuals not being scammed, thats what you pay for. Now would I send thousands without paying the 3%, of course not, but it's up to the individual to understand their risk. Paypal loses nothing if its simply two people making a transaction not a business to individual

The money is in transaction data, just like your credit card giving you rewards. Guess what, they sell that data. Ask anyone anyone under 22, and they've probably used Venmo to split purchases, pay for goods from a person and have no Idea what PayPal is. Both are one in the same(just a different app), and we all know the money is in the data being gathered from those transactions.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
I have tons of friends on here. Also via reputation there are lots guys on here that I would have no problem buying something from sending via F&F, hell everyone on this tread alone makes the list

Ethically objectionable to use F&F for purchasing goods IMO. It's stealing a service from a business, as well as being a bad idea in terms of protecting buyer and seller.

This. Is your integrity worth 3%...charged to the seller, not the buyer? Alternatively, any seller that asks me to pay the fee if I do use Goods and Services is 1) violating PayPal policy and 2) asking me to do so as well. I won't buy from them. They're liars and thieves, stealing a service from a company that they use for business, whether the buyer is willing or not. I don't do business like that and refuse to do business with people who do.

jmez

WKR
This quote comes to mind every time I see the PayPal argument.

“The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching.” ― John Wooden.