Peak refuel

Jotis

WKR
Are you guys eating the whole bag at dinner or splitting it up for 2 dinners

Whole bag. Sometimes contemplate a second but am usually more tired than hungry after one. Spend some time managing gear and then fall asleep rather than eat a little more and have leftovers to deal with.

whaack

WKR
Whole bag. There are some MH meals I can’t eat the whole thing but PR I eat the whole bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT257

WKR
I eat the whole bag, but I seem more than full. I'd be on board if they serving size would be reduced by 25% and it would be a great portion for myself.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Don't know about others, but MH reduced their package weight across the board for most of their meals. I first noticed it on Chili Mac & Beef and that one is about 25% smaller by weight. Eating the old size for most of their meals was not easy (since I hunt solo), but now that they are charging more and giving you less, eating one package is much easier. Here's their response as to why the packages are smaller. Take a look at the file name for my feelings on this. :D

Eddie

Attachments

• MHBS.PNG
    MHBS.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 135
Don't know about others, but MH reduced their package weight across the board for most of their meals. I first noticed it on Chili Mac & Beef and that one is about 25% smaller by weight. Eating the old size for most of their meals was not easy (since I hunt solo), but now that they are charging more and giving you less, eating one package is much easier. Here's their response as to why the packages are smaller. Take a look at the file name for my feelings on this. :D

Eddie
It is the loss of calories that pisses me off. Some meals are not worth carrying for lack of calories. IMHO

I agree. But also a 175 pound individual doesn’t need the same calorie intake as a 300 pound dude.
In the backcountry it is hard to carry enough calories. These meals are the easiest way to up that count imo.

Guess what I'm saying is that I would rather carry a high calorie meal than another protein bar. I get tired of those damn bars.

Also the dinner calories help keep you warm at night,

I agree. But also a 175 pound individual doesn’t need the same calorie intake as a 300 pound dude.
I can't remember what they are called, there is another thread on here.
They make little insulated cozies and you re pack the food into zip lock freezer bags.
My wife buys the cans and repacks hers into a smaller size.

If they were smaller I wouldn't even buy them for me. I usually eat mine and the rest of hers.
I don't buy the pesto any more cause that one is small.

tdot

WKR
I split the bags, but add in some dehydrated pasta and a couple table spoons of olive oil. I find there is more then enough sauce for the additional noodles and the olive oil bulks up the calories. I eat one of these for lunch and dinner.

Peak Refuel, good tasting and healthier than MH. I always eat the whole bag. Need all the calories I can get while chasing elk in the mountains.