Peax Solitude Tipi

hehaka bloka

Lil-Rokslider
checking to see if anyone has any experience with the Peax solitude 4 tipi? Looking for a packable option like this. Need some thoughts and I appreciate it in advance.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
Just used mine this weekend for some camping at treeline in 20-40 degree weather including some sleet on the last day. Handled moderate winds (<30 mph or so) easily. Sets up way tighter and more stable than an MSR Front Range tipi which I have also used in the field. A few ounces heavier than an Argali Absaroka, but the ounces are justified by the slightly beefier construction and more robust tie-out points. The silnylon Fabric stretches a little when wet but doesn't absorb too much moisture (I wish it was silpoly fabric).
The stove jack is solid and very well thought out. Center pole is sturdy and can support a lot of weight. Trekking pole "X" support is legitimate and awesome for hanging up gear to dry including wet boots. Double doors that open in an arch and don't affect structural tension much are well thought-out. The tipi is easy to pitch tight to the ground or elevated, depending on the ambient humidity, wind, and use of a stove (pitch at ground for stove use).

I'll pack a simpler, smaller shelter if I'm going ultra-light, but for now the Peax tipi will be my primary shelter for 2 people plus stove, or 3 people with gear and no stove. I ran the footprint which connects very cleverly to both the ground stakes and the fly, with a nice semi-bathtub design. Full bathtub would be nice for really wet ground, but the semi-bathtub is deal for use with a stove.
In summary, the most solid tipi I have used or seen with just a few ounce weight penalty for the solid construction.

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Just used mine this weekend for some camping at treeline in 20-40 degree weather including some sleet on the last day. Handled moderate winds (<30 mph or so) easily. Sets up way tighter and more stable than an MSR Front Range tipi which I have also used in the field. A few ounces heavier than an Argali Absaroka, but the ounces are justified by the slightly beefier construction and more robust tie-out points. The silnylon Fabric stretches a little when wet but doesn't absorb too much moisture (I wish it was silpoly fabric).
The stove jack is solid and very well thought out. Center pole is sturdy and can support a lot of weight. Trekking pole "X" support is legitimate and awesome for hanging up gear to dry including wet boots. Double doors that open in an arch and don't affect structural tension much are well thought-out. The tipi is easy to pitch tight to the ground or elevated, depending on the ambient humidity, wind, and use of a stove (pitch at ground for stove use).

I'll pack a simpler, smaller shelter if I'm going ultra-light, but for now the Peax tipi will be my primary shelter for 2 people plus stove, or 3 people with gear and no stove. I ran the footprint which connects very cleverly to both the ground stakes and the fly, with a nice semi-bathtub design. Full bathtub would be nice for really wet ground, but the semi-bathtub is deal for use with a stove.
In summary, the most solid tipi I have used or seen with just a few ounce weight penalty for the solid construction.
Glad your experience has been so positive! Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Used mine for deer camp this year and love it. Stove in the middle works very well compared to other shelters I have used. Double door is more efficient then the single door shelter I had before. If you get one be sure to slide the carbon pole back away from your stove as far as you can get away with so you don't damage it. Great shelter, using it on this years spring bear hunt in Idaho.