Peep alignment issues

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’m unable to align my peep sight to my sight housing (circle within a circle). When I look through my peep I’m unable to see the left quarter or third of the sight housing but see all of the right hand side and then some. I’ve gone all the way up to a 5/16” peep, have a fast Eddie xl all the way extended, my bow is at the proper draw length (28”) . The bow is a Mathews Halon 32 and is paper tuned and shooting bullet holes. I’ve visited two different archery shops and no one can explain it or knows what to do. I can see my sight pins fine and shoot the bow fine but am trying to better my shooting and it drives me nuts I can’t figure this out. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? Also, I use the tip of my nose as an anchor reference and have changed the position on the tip of my nose which doesn’t help.

87TT

WKR
That sounds like the problem. Needs to be straight at full draw or it won't be round but oval up and down.

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry, I should have clarified. It sits straight at full draw, I believe it slightly twists to straight as I draw. Also, I’ve tried multiple peeps and have replaced the string once.

jmez

WKR
That's odd. I'd look at grip almost have to be slightly torquing the grip twisting the bow.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jspradley

WKR
Is your bow hand wrapped around the grip? You don't want any pressure from your bow hand on the grip, you want it to "float" in your hand

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Is your bow hand wrapped around the grip? You don't want any pressure from your bow hand on the grip, you want it to "float" in your hand
No, my hand isn’t wrapped and I don’t torque the grip.

87TT

WKR
I sometimes find myself shifting my anchor some and the cable obscures the right side of the sight housing

Marble

WKR
Come to full draw and have someone twist your string a little bit both ways and see if that helps.

jmez

WKR
Then you are torquing the grip. There is a big difference between a relaxed hand and an open hand with fingers extended.

Your grip should be on the thumb pad, index finger and second finger should be relaxed and resting lightly on the front of the grip. Third and fourth finger should be relaxed and lightly touching the palm.

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. Thank you for the suggestions

big44a4

WKR
Honestly don’t expect big change in shooting if you do have peep lined up. It’s from how you naturally grip the bow. I’ve had some arrows/bows tune where I can only see part of the sight ring as the riser covers the some of the other side. All else the same (consistent grip and anchor) you will shoot fine.

I have a hogg father and shoot best with the single ring and not the MRT. Same for target setup the multi ring reducer doesn’t improve my accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
This sounds like a form and fitment issue. Draw length could very well be too long, anchoring too far back, torquing the bow, etc. But even torquing the bow to max left and right I can still line up my peep and sight ring. Too long a draw length though could easily keep you from lining both up well.