Peep height questions

KBC

WKR
Hey dudes,
So back near the end of January I ordered a new Hoyt axius ultra from my “local” shop about an hour away. Being in Canuckistan and with the current world events my bow has yet to show up. I was going to get the shop to set it up and just ship it to me when it finally shows up but where do I get him to tie in the peep?
I’m using a nock-2-it and my anchor point is my middle knuckle in the hole under my ear where the jaw connects.

Current bow is about 31.5” ATA PSE dream season decree that was set up for when I used a wrist strap release so the peep is too low. 29.5 dl.
It looks like the peep should be about 7 1/8”-7 1/4” for my current bow but how much will that change with a different string angle on the 34” ATA bow?
Second question, does 7 1/8”-7 1/4” seem like a decent measurement for centre of nock to centre of peep? I’ve really been concentrating on keeping my head upright instead of leaning it in.
If you read this far thanks!

Last edited:
OP
K

KBC

WKR
I should mention I’d like to build a press and learn to do my own set ups etc. but for now I’m dropping a bunch of money on a new bow, they can do the initial set up that it comes with.

Rob5589

WKR
I wouldn't go that way. It really needs to line up correctly for obvious reasons. I also like to shoot a new bow or threads 50-100 times before installing a peep. You can easily install a peep with a Bowmaster.

Reactions: KBC
OP
K

KBC

WKR
I wondered how much that would matter. I was going to put my old sight on it and shoot my old arrows until things settle and then upgrade the sight and the arrows.

How about the peep height question for you guys shooting a nock-2-it or similar? How high is your peep?

60x

WKR
you want to set your peep mid range if you are using a slider or centering the pin. be sure you pick the right size for lining up with the housing

Wapiti1

WKR
Get the bow without the peep, shoot to break in the system and add the peep at that time. You can put a peep in without a press if you also get a string splitter and some serving. Use superknots to tie it in. They are a handy $10 item for peeps and silencers. Back the limb bolts off as much as you can (whatever the manual says for max turns out). Then use the splitter and install the peep. There are a lot of how-to vids on this.

The other option is to have it put in with temp tie ins, and make the adjustments later, then tie in. In this scenario, though you'll have to train it for rotation, more than likely.

Third option is to use a rotation friendly peep have the shop install and do the final tie in later.

Your peep measurement seems about right, but I would wait and do the permanent install after you break in the bow.

Jeremy

Reactions: KBC
OP
K

KBC

WKR
Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll have more questions when I finally get it.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Your peep height will depend a TON on your anchor point, not sure how anyone can tell you what the correct height is over the internet.
For example, mine is 5 3/4".