Peep sight for CVA optima ?

Jason277

WKR
Hello all, I have a CVA Optima I'm thinking about putting a peep sight on for muzzleloader elk hunting next year in Washington State. Just looking for Recommendations? Thanks in advance Jason

Northpark

WKR
How well does it work. I have one in my cart just haven’t pulled the trigger yet
Works very well in my opinion. I grew up with scoped muzzleloaders so when I moved to CO and had to go open sights I was not comfortable. Finally I tried the peep and globe combo and was very happy I did. Went from a 75 yard comfort zone to a 150 yard comfort zone. I’ve shot two critters since switching. A mule deer at 10 yards which was more of just point and shoot because we surprised each other on a trail and a 125 yard shot on an antelope.

Northpark

WKR
Ordered that setup! Do you like it?
Yes I do. Enough to where even if I have the option for a scope legally I wouldn’t change. I feel comfortable out to about 150 which is far enough for me with a muzzleloader and I’ve grown used to the trim light gun that doesn’t have a scope to catch on stuff.

Northpark

WKR
Is setting up the williams sight pretty straight forward? Do you recommend putting loctite on the threads?

Thanks!

RH
I was pretty straight forward. I used loctite and on my particular rifle I had to use a few brass shims to get the sight high enough.

FLATHEAD

WKR

westernarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Williams sight waiting for me at home to put on my CVA accura v2. Sure hope it helps my 4” groups at 50 yards.