peep sight problems

Jax

FNG
I am new to compounds and have run into an issue that I can't seem to figure out. I have been shooing the bow instinctive with great accuracy from 20-40 yards with no peep and no sight (I normally shoot trad)

I just got my sight yesterday, put it on and still some pretty confident shooting.

Just got the peep sight installed today and disaster...all my shots are low, way low about 1 foot.

Was the peep installed too high, too low? - also it is twisting on me after ever shot, I thought I tied it tight enough but I am unsure.

any thoughts?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The sights were set without a peep and then you installed one that you probably look through comfortably. The chances it is where it would match up with your initial sight setting is pretty slim. If the peep is where you want it, re sight your pins for your peep. Tying in your peep only keeps it from moving, it has nothing to do with it twisting. The twisting is 90% a string problem and possibly a serving problem. SK1 just started a thread with peep twisting issues and people are providing advise on how to correct. Good Luck....

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Draw your bow back and anchor with your eyes closed. Find your comfortable anchor. Open your eyes. That is where your peep should be.

BuckSnort

WKR
The sights were set without a peep and then you installed one that you probably look through comfortably. The chances it is where it would match up with your initial sight setting is pretty slim. If the peep is where you want it, re sight your pins for your peep. Tying in your peep only keeps it from moving, it has nothing to do with it twisting. The twisting is 90% a string problem and possibly a serving problem. SK1 just started a thread with peep twisting issues and people are providing advise on how to correct. Good Luck....

Draw your bow back and anchor with your eyes closed. Find your comfortable anchor. Open your eyes. That is where your peep should be.

Spot on advice...

B

bearguide

good advice-- if you are hitting low raising your peep will make you hit higher

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZsDiVgthbo

I have posted this link on several forums for guys that have peep rotation problems. When properly installed on a good settled in string, your peep should never rotate unless, you break a strand or something on that order. Check out the link above and your problems should be solved. This guy really knows his stuff!