Peep sight tip for those struggling to see

Just a tip for those who struggle with blurry pins or target. I have an astigmatism and wear contacts or glasses. The target was usually clear, but often I’d have blurry pins or see double.

I went to a 1/16” peep and noticed that the pins cleared up tremendously. So the next trip to the eye doctor, I explained to him what happened. He told me that it’s due to the pinhole effect.

So, if you’re having issues, this is something you might try.

Rob5589

WKR
I started using a verifier peep some years ago, as well as switching out all red fibers to green due to a blooming effect. I attempted a smaller peep but no go.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
how does that smaller 1/16" peep do in low light? Such as 5 min left of shooting light? Or under heavy forest canopy?
One of the reasons I stopped using a 1/4" (4/16") peep, pin visibility at critical shot times.

I also had similar double or blur pin vision and don't wear glasses or contacts. Switched years ago to the Anchor Sight alignment device and got rid of the peep altogether. My groups at distance (60yds) improved dramatically.

I can pick out my pin now at dusk, early dawn and with any amount of daylight left, even under forest canopy.

OP
Arctic Hunter
how does that smaller 1/16" peep do in low light? Such as 5 min left of shooting light? Or under heavy forest canopy?
One of the reasons I stopped using a 1/4" (4/16") peep, pin visibility at critical shot times.

I also had similar double or blur pin vision and don't wear glasses or contacts. Switched years ago to the Anchor Sight alignment device and got rid of the peep altogether. My groups at distance (60yds) improved dramatically.

I can pick out my pin now at dusk, early dawn and with any amount of daylight left, even under forest canopy.
Honestly, I still think I see the pins better, even in low light. I did change my 20-40 pins from .10 to .19 because there is some difference when moving to a smaller peep. The benefits to me outweigh the negatives.

I tried clarifier peeps. They worked great unless it was raining. And the target was always a little blurry. I had to carry Q-tips in my pocket to get the water off the glass.