peep sight with or without microtubing for hunting?

slim9300

WKR
i dont feel like mine rotates, but its always A quarter turn the wrong direction so i rotate it back to where i want it lol......i have the stock fuse string that came with my new hoyt last year, not the best string but not bad either. i wont upgrade to a winners choice until i wear it out

i was told it's called training your peep and eventually get it closer to where i want it, but that might just be a bunch of bs, i dont know much about it

Get a good custom string and you will never look back. I recommend the next time you need a replacement, send your bow to Crackers (Mike Carter) or Brethen (John's Custom Strings). They will get more speed from your bow and you will never have to adjust your peep again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slim9300

WKR
i thought the newer fuse strings were of decent quality, the older ones i heard weren't the greatest...

maybe that's the problem, i dont think my d loop is properly aligned with the peep, because the peep always returns to its original position after i twisted it, then shot, it returns to where i twisted it from....i had been wondering if my d loop was the issue because it isn't aligned with my peep like i thought it should be, maybe i just need to fix that and it will center itself since my peep seems to stay in that spot, and return after twisted it away and shoot

No factory string is even close to as good as a custom one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
Slim, i know most stock strings are junk but when i got my GT500 i would say that stock string was as good as a custom or real close, i only changed it because i wanted a different color but it is in the bow case for backup.

slim9300

WKR
Slim, i know most stock strings are junk but when i got my GT500 i would say that stock string was as good as a custom or real close, i only changed it because i wanted a different color but it is in the bow case for backup.

That's actually good to hear.

I will NEVER have a peep with tubing on my bows EVER!!! I shoot a factory string for around 500 shots and then I have my custom America's Best or Winner's Choice ready to go. If you have NON-SILICONE tubing you could face dry rot in the field and have the tubing break on you at full draw and come back into your eyes, break on a stalk and then when you need that tubing to keep things straight it won't. Tubing is loud, heavy, slows you down and hurts your KE.

My thoughts.