Peep Window Question

mtholton

FNG
One of the benefits of WFH is that I can shoot over lunch now... Just got a 31.5 VXR with a MBG Pro Sight with a 4 inch truss. Here's my question... When I draw back (I'm right handed) and look through my peep, it circles my sight housing nicely, its just larger than the sight housing and a clear view, but I can't see about 20% of the right side of the sight housing ring. It's like I need to move the whole housing to the left a half inch and I'd be good, but that would throw off the alignment since it seems to be shooting good/on target. Not sure if I'm describing it right, but just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what could cause this? Is it an issue that i can't see the whole housing ring, is that normal, or a sign I need to adjust something (draw length, setup etc)? Thanks for your expertise as always.

One of the benefits of WFH is that I can shoot over lunch now... Just got a 31.5 VXR with a MBG Pro Sight with a 4 inch truss. Here's my question... When I draw back (I'm right handed) and look through my peep, it circles my sight housing nicely, its just larger than the sight housing and a clear view, but I can't see about 20% of the right side of the sight housing ring. It's like I need to move the whole housing to the left a half inch and I'd be good, but that would throw off the alignment since it seems to be shooting good/on target. Not sure if I'm describing it right, but just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what could cause this? Is it an issue that i can't see the whole housing ring, is that normal, or a sign I need to adjust something (draw length, setup etc)? Thanks for your expertise as always.

I had that issue years ago when I was shooting a poorly tuned bow. Once I corrected my centershot and used my yokes to dial in my arrow flight instead of the arrow rest my sight picture cleared up. Something to check for at least!

MattB

WKR
You say the peep circles the housing nicely and that you can't see 20% of the housing. Which is it?

OP
M

mtholton

FNG
I tried drawing a picture to illustrate... Essentially my riser is blocking the view of the far right side of the sight housing. So where the dashed lines of the riser are, I just see the back of my bow vs the full green circle of my bow sight.

Attachments

• bow.jpeg
    bow.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 21

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
Mathews have a wide riser and depending on how everything is set up the riser can block the view of part of the housing even when the peep and said housing are in proper alignment . ( I have a Halon 32 so have been there) .

MattB

WKR
Never seen that, but also never shot a Matthew's. The pin housing in ever bow I have ever owned is fully outside the riser/100% visible.