Pelican V800 Vault Rifle Case Durability?

Motown

WKR
So I will be heading to Montana in about 2 months with some buddies for Mulies and last year I purchased a Pelican V800 Vault double rifle case for this trip. I have only ever had to fly with a rifle once before which was years ago so am looking for some feedback from you guys that travel a lot.

Overall it seems like a decent case but a tad bit flimsy for a Pelican. It is heavy, but also roomy and I should be able to fit 2 rifles with some accessories in there with no issue. My question is does anyone have any experience flying with this case at all, and if so how well did it hold up?

I know that Pelican makes good products but this case seems to be on the lower end and does not come with their lifetime warranty. I also know that airlines can beat the hell out of things so I want to be sure this case will hold up. I also know that this case is not waterproof and I am fine with that. Should I stick with this case or upgrade to one of their higher end models?

I've got one of the pelican vault cases. It went through the airlines with only minimal wear and tear.

Some of the other guys in the check line had super flimsy little cheapo chases. I wouldn't trust one of those but the pelican was plenty of case.

OP
Motown

Motown

WKR
So I will be heading to Montana in about 2 months with some buddies for Mulies and last year I purchased a Pelican V800 Vault double rifle case for this trip. I have only ever had to fly with a rifle once before which was years ago so am looking for some feedback from you guys that travel a lot.

Overall it seems like a decent case but a tad bit flimsy for a Pelican. It is heavy, but also roomy and I should be able to fit 2 rifles with some accessories in there with no issue. My question is does anyone have any experience flying with this case at all, and if so how well did it hold up?

I know that Pelican makes good products but this case seems to be on the lower end and does not come with their lifetime warranty. I also know that airlines can beat the hell out of things so I want to be sure this case will hold up. I also know that this case is not waterproof and I am fine with that. Should I stick with this case or upgrade to one of their higher end models?
Thanks for the reply and that is reassuring to hear.

I’ve never flown with it, but I have two of the single vault’s. And they’re bullet proof

Zerk

Lil-Rokslider
I don't see myself flying in the near future. I am going out west this fall. I got every week sometimes to my camp, which is 600 miles round trip. I keep the guns in the cab, but it can tough with dogs.

What is opinion on this case riding in the bed of the truck. Also it would probably just propped loose. Interstate and gravel roads.

I have one double rifle case from cabelas, what I do like about it, is you don't have to cut the foam. It is just supper tight. Opinion on that style too, as opposed to pelican where you cut it out, and dedicate it to that rifle.

OP
Motown

Motown

WKR
I started this thread before my Montana trip almost 2 years ago and on the trip the case held up perfect. We had two 9 pound rifles in the case and it looks like the airline slammed the case around pretty good, but both rifles held up fine. Checked zeros when we got there and back home and neither rifle shifted or had any damage.