Pellet Grill/smoker recommendations under $700ish

twall13

WKR
Update on the Camp Chef- assembly is an onerous process with cryptic directions, components that fit together differently than shown in the manual, and parts that are either dented or appear to be missing completely. Haven't fired up yet, but putting it together definitely sucks

View attachment 219314

View attachment 219315
My Camp Chef didn't look like that...I don't remember how difficult it was to set up but the fact that I don't remember makes me think assembly went fairly smoothly. I'd contact them about those dented/bent parts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OXN939

WKR
My Camp Chef didn't look like that...I don't remember how difficult it was to set up but the fact that I don't remember makes me think assembly went fairly smoothly. I'd contact them about those dented/bent parts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah might get them to send me a new thermometer- pretty sure that's the dented piece on the interior there. Just finished setting it up, and basically the heat shield was stuck in the wrong position inside the grill, trapping several other parts in place. Got it figured out now

ckstites

FNG
Another vote for Camp Chef.
36 WiFi with sear station.. Easist to clean pellet grill out there... Sold!

Bcon

FNG
I'm talking trager style. Although I think you pay alot for the name.
I do get the expertvoice deal on camp chef. But we dont discuss expert voice prices.
Green mountain.
Doesn't need to be super big just me and the lady.
Mostly interested in features and quality under $700
I have the GMG and have had good luck with it. I think we paid 4-$500 for it, but has been a few years ago. Easy and fun.

Firehawk

WKR
I have really liked my Camp Chef Smoke Pro DLX. I still use my Weber Genesis for true gilling sessions, or to put a heavy sear on a steak, but the Camp Chef is a terrific smoker. Someday, I may buy the Sear Box for it, but as long as I have my Weber and it works, it doesn't make any sense.

bkeaver

FNG
I think I will get into this conversation. I currently been for the the past 5 years smoking on a WSM and I also have a Pit Barrel. I decided that I wanted to take the plunge into the pellet world. So I have for the past several months been looking at almost every pellet smoker brand known to the human race. I narrowed it down to 3 as I set my spending limit to 1500 max. The 3 I narrowed it down to was:
Recteq Bull
Smokin Brothers 24
Grilla Grills Silverbac

After reading review after review, putting each in a cart with all the extras i'd like to get so that I could look at total cost I decided on the Silverbac.

The 3 grills I narrowed it down to was so close in build and features with the biggest difference was warranty and for now wifi which GG and SB will have that soon so wasn't worried too much about it. What made me go with GG was the 304 stainless and double walled barrel and I could completely trick it out with extras and still come out cheaper than the rest.

What I have found out during this whole process is that there are so many choices and everyone is truly starting to narrow the gap in quality and features for each price point range that you almost cannot go wrong with whatever choice you make.

My Silverbac arrives tomorrow and I am pretty excited to get started on it.

Agross

WKR
Like to know what you think of the silverbac after you get it. When I was looking I had it narrowed down to the silverbac and green mountain grills. I went back and forth for a while. Then gmg had a sale I couldn't pass up. I really liked everything about those silverbacs, and they are sold about an hour from where I live

NDGuy

WKR
Still love my Pitboss. I was going to get a GMG but I found my 820 deluxe grill on clearance for $249.99

TheKid

FNG
I love my pit boss to death, I have used it almost every day for the past 1 1/12 years. Somedays I'll cook shoulders or roasts in there for 12 hours. I've only had to change the ignitor once ever and it was last month. They say it should be changed every 6-10 months and I changed mine after 18 months of heavy use 😬. Pellets will be the main cost of any pellet grill/smoker. I got lucky in that respect. I ended up going to Home Depot one day looking for pellets. Long story short the forklift dropped a whole pallet of them and all the bags were ripped/leaking and were put into garbage bags. They were 5 bucks each. Ended up getting around 500lbs of pellets for $50... I hit the pellet lotto. Should keep me going for a few more months😅

Jsmith410

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Rec Tec Bullseye and so far it’s been great. I can smoke a Boston butt at 200 or sear a steak at 700 degrees. Nothing like a Yoder but for the money it’s hard to beat. I’ll probably get a larger version next.