Pellet smoker problems

BadDogPSD

WKR
Good choice on the Yoder! It made it ti the final two, but I went with RecTeq. So far it's been great.

ToolMann

WKR
Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone. My biggest complaint is that its only wifi controlled other than turning it on and starting it. But the app does not have push notifications so you have to monitor the app periodically.
What notifications does yours not send. My DB send me notifications when pellets are low, etc.

jmyers

FNG
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a pellet smoker for infrequent use. I already have a Brinkmann propane smoker that I have dialed in pretty well and that will continue to be my primary smoker. Occasionally, I don't have time to babysit my smoker for most of a day due to other engagements, so I need one that I can set and forget until the food is done (i.e. bluetooth).
That being said, I'm not really looking for recommendations about which one to buy. I want to know which one you have and what problems you currently have/ or have had with it.
I just bought a Yoder ys 640 and really like if. Everything I have done on it is great

OP
B
I got the YS640S. Looks like it's the real deal instead of a Home Depot special POS. Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to use it for brisket this weekend while I'm chasing kids BB games all over town.

Jimss

WKR
My electric masterbuilt sure is quick and easy. Just plug in, set temp, and a few chips and it's ready to go. The temperature is constant and is super easy to clean.

I had 2 of the first generation Traeger juniors for about 10 years. They held up pretty well to the abuse I put them through. I had to replace drip pans and heat shields due to rust from all the brined fish and meat. Also had to replace an auger motor and blower fan is all. I upgraded to a traeger lil tex and its been great but didn't have Bluetooth capability and I needed something with a larger capacity for processing large batches of sausage. I bought a PIT Boss Pro Series 4 vertical smoker and wish I had bought it years ago. Its double sheet metal so it holds temp to the degree. The controller on the Pro Series models is awesome. It can go from 130 degrees to 450 in 10 degree increments, can be controlled over your phone via wifi and you can program different cooks into it. I typically start a big cook at 4pm and can have it finished between noon and dinner time the next day. It will automatically drop the temp to 180 degrees when your meat probe hits your programmed temp. It also holds 65 pounds of pellets.