Pelosi's Democrats introducing TWO GUN BILLS, maybe next week....

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
Copy of email I received today 3/2 from Gun Owners of America (GOA)

Pelosi’s House will take up TWO gun control bills as early as next week:

H.R. 8

Requiring background checks for every “TRANSFER” (NOT just sale) of a firearm, thereby criminalizing private transfers of firearms that take place even inside your own home with limited “exceptions”

The term “transfer” does not mean transfer of ownership, it means letting your neighbor’s son handle your unloaded .22 rifle on your property, or letting a friend at the gun club shoot a round of trap with your shotgun.

If enforced to the letter, H.R. 8 could put millions of gun owners in prison by outlawing the transfer of any firearm without a proper Brady Check.

The bill claims to offer some so-called “exceptions,” but these will be practically useless to gun owners.

Under H.R. 8, since every gun “transfer” will go through a dealer, every gun owner will have a BATFE Form 4473 (Firearms Transaction Record), setting the stage for a national gun registry.

H.R. 1446

VERY LENGTHY delays for the sale of a firearm. This is indeed “infringing” on RKBA.

We cannot wait until these bills hit the House floor to ramp up our efforts to strike them down. We need to start turning up the heat on our representatives to ensure they vote to protect our God-given — not government-given — right to keep and bear arms.

Link to sign and send GOA letter of objection to Congress:

https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl.fastly.net/messages/edit?promo_id=11467

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
I believe HR 8 was introduced back in 2019 with the 116th Congress and Moscow Mitch was the majority leader. It doesn't hurt to be outraged and I'm certainly not a fan of Pelosi's but I'm not sure you're correct on HR 8. I also think it was a bipartisan bill. I haven't researched it enough to know if you're correct on what it proposes to do.

Reactions: 307
OP
F

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
Cornhusker;

My post was a cut 'n paste of an email I got today from GOA. I relied on their reporting of the bill contents.

The bill had Zero chance in 2019. It has a Very Good Or Better chance in 2021.

The goal of the forces currently in control of the US government is to eliminate private gun ownership. The illegitimate POTUS, fully backed by 90% of Congress, and 100% backed by the fifth column MSM, has no need to go slow in his rush to ban, register, and then confiscate firearms.

These two bills are chicken poop compared to the all out, full frontal attack that's coming; a combination Pearl Harbor and Blitzkrieg into Poland.

Please fight this overthrow of America and attempt to disarm you by signing the GOA protest letter:

WKR
Cornhusker;

My post was a cut 'n paste of an email I got today from GOA. I relied on their reporting of the bill contents.

The bill had Zero chance in 2019. It has a Very Good Or Better chance in 2021.

The goal of the forces currently in control of the US government is to eliminate private gun ownership. The illegitimate POTUS, fully backed by 90% of Congress, and 100% backed by the fifth column MSM, has no need to go slow in his rush to ban, register, and then confiscate firearms.

These two bills are chicken poop compared to the all out, full frontal attack that's coming; a combination Pearl Harbor and Blitzkrieg into Poland.
Wow. Maybe loosen the chinstrap on your tinfoil hat a bit...

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
HR 1446 was reintroduced by Clyburn, it does look like a bad deal that most of us on this site will be against.

ODB

WKR
Due to senate rules on filibuster the democrats would need 10 republicans to vote for gun legislation plus Manchin and the two Georgia democrats. There is no chance of any gun related legislation passing.

While that maybe true. I’ve never felt relying on “doesn’t have a chance” as a bulwark against this madness is a good strategy. They need to feel the pressure to not even propose goddam bills like this. They are representatives, not leaders. Unless their constituents are clamoring for these laws, it’s NOT their job to throw it against the wall to see if it will stick.

dmozer74

FNG
While that maybe true. I’ve never felt relying on “doesn’t have a chance” as a bulwark against this madness is a good strategy. They need to feel the pressure to not even propose goddam bills like this. They are representatives, not leaders. Unless their constituents are clamoring for these laws, it’s NOT their job to throw it against the wall to see if it will stick.
I didn’t mean to imply we should just sit back and hope. I more meant please stop panic buying guns and ammo so I can actually buy some. 😀

Reactions: ODB

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
We live in a complex time with lots of important issues in front of us right now as Americans. Respectful debate is healthy but being derogatory to those who don't share your same ideas will not tolerated.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Adrico

FNG
That's what the democrats promised to do, and that's what they are doing, and they are going to keep trying until they get it. This is just the beginning.

Unless their constituents are clamoring for these laws, it’s NOT their job to throw it against the wall to see if it will stick.
They were voted in by a majority of their constituents, of which I am sure support them and in this. That is the biggest issue. If we as a nation don’t want more of this, across the board, then we had better start voting in those that support what we believe and hold most valuable.

Problem is, the majority of Americans today are not free thinkers. They want government handouts and control from the top. Bad spot for those of us that love freedom. Hopefully people start realizing what they have voted in and change things.

ODB

WKR
They were voted in by a majority of their constituents, of which I am sure support them and in this. That is the biggest issue. If we as a nation don’t want more of this, across the board, then we had better start voting in those that support what we believe and hold most valuable.

Problem is, the majority of Americans today are not free thinkers. They want government handouts and control from the top. Bad spot for those of us that love freedom. Hopefully people start realizing what they have voted in and change things.

Pelosi and her ilk are not listening to their constituents on this, they are listening to the Party.

Pelosi and her ilk are not listening to their constituents on this, they are listening to the Party.
But the reason they are there, is because people voted them in. If the people who voted them in cared about the second amendment, they wouldn’t have voted them in. Get what I am saying? Can’t follow the party if the party isn’t in control

ODB

WKR
But the reason they are there, is because people voted them in. If the people who voted them in cared about the second amendment, they wouldn’t have voted them in. Get what I am saying? Can’t follow the party if the party isn’t in control
Guns are not top of mind at all when democrats vote. It’s more like 7th. The primary driver is economics. The hard-line gun stuff is not borne out of the average democrat calling their reps and saying they want this or that. The hard-line stuff is from influencers and power players who the rep, once elected, wants to keep happy. The .orgs who pay 50,000$ a plate at fund raisers. Not the dude who is paying 5$ To a candidate.

Tradguy

FNG
Obvious to me to expect them to push for the most radical gun control laws they can dream up.
Zap you are 100 percent correct on this, in the next few years there will be an insane amount of these laws thrown against the wall to see what sticks. I'm guessing, and hoping, most will be shot down but the one or two that will pass can have a long lasting effect. Gotta keep on top of it and do everything we can even if its an exhausting ride.