Peloton 240 jacket vs Klamath hoodie

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a thin water resistant outer layer to wear when the wind is blowing 20 mph up in a stand. What would cut the wind pretty well between those two or what other items would u recommend? It will go over first lite base layers. I have solitude bibs and jacket but need something if it's 50 degrees but 20mph wind

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Klamath is an excellent piece, though its neither water resistant nor cuts much more than a breeze.. Sounds like you need a Corrugate jacket or something similar..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

The Klamath is pretty thin. I really like and wear mine almost every time I'm out though. I wear a merino base under it (kiln or smartwool). I'm fine down to about 55 or so stationary with those two if the wind is fairly calm. But no way in 20 winds without adding something else.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I have furnace and kiln layers underneath. I need something thin to cut wind without having to wear the solitude jacket cause it's very warm

Kelk

WKR
I’ve felt like the Klamath does ok in wind. One of my favorite pieces. I don’t have the 240 but I do have the 200. It’s great but once again only fair at cutting wind. I had a Sitka Jetstream once that was really good at cutting wind and was pretty thin and lightweight. Not sure if it’s still available. Maybe look into that if you’re not stuck on these 2 options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelk

WKR
I’ve felt like the Klamath does ok in wind. One of my favorite pieces. I don’t have the 240 but I do have the 200. It’s great but once again only fair at cutting wind. I had a Sitka Jetstream once that was really good at cutting wind and was pretty thin and lightweight. Not sure if it’s still available. Maybe look into that if you’re not stuck on these 2 options.

Now that I think about it I’m not sure if it was a jetstream. Could be wrong on that.

Kelk

WKR
Now that I think about it I’m not sure if it was a jetstream. Could be wrong on that.

Jetstream Lite! That’s what it was. Cuts wind really well for as lite as it is.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I'm definitely not stuck on them just seemed like weren't many options that would cut wind that wasn't stratus or fanatic onnsitkas website. I even called them and 2 different people said stratus

Kelk

WKR

Give it a look.

Jetstream Lite! That’s what it was. Cuts wind really well for as lite as it is.

Pretty close to the mountain jacket that Sitka offers now. This would get you wind blocking and water resistance. Slight noise but with hard wind nothing will hear you.

Ycc33

FNG
Looking for a thin water resistant outer layer to wear when the wind is blowing 20 mph up in a stand. What would cut the wind pretty well between those two or what other items would u recommend? It will go over first lite base layers. I have solitude bibs and jacket but need something if it's 50 degrees but 20mph wind
I use the Sitka timberline jacket or the Jetstream. They work very well blocking the wind

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
I have the klamath but no way I would depend on it to block the wind or to be very water resistant outer layer, I will vouch it is an awesome mid layer and very versatile

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
Of the 2 mentioned the 240 is better at bucking the wind. Along with the Jet stream light, consider FL's corugate guide jacket also. The Catalyst sucks in the wind. Of all these the Jet stream is the only one I don't or haven't owned