Peloton 240 jacket vs Klamath hoodie

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Considering most of my stuff is first lite, i like the looks of the corrugate jacket. I'd go with it over the Klamath. It's just down to the peloton or corrugate. I kinda have the itch to try kuiu in the Verde for the south but I love fusion as everything I have is fusion

Lowg08

WKR
I sold my Klamath and went to the 240. The Klamath does not and will not stop wind. My only fall out with FL in which I wear allot of, is only a few pieces offer wind resistance. I’m putting a guide vest over the 240.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I sold my Klamath and went to the 240. The Klamath does not and will not stop wind. My only fall out with FL in which I wear allot of, is only a few pieces offer wind resistance. I’m putting a guide vest over the 240.
Does the 240 cut wind fairly well?

Lowg08

WKR
I haven’t got to hunt in it yet. It was the same category as the Klamath and I had to do something after hunting season. I froze to death without my Berber on in very little wind and 30’s. I work outside all year. So I’m acclimated but the wind ran right through a kiln top, under armour infrared and the klamath.

I have both. Peloton 240 as an outer piece is good at cutting wind and sort of repels the water decent warmth. Kalamath is 100% a mid layer. Put something over it and it's amazing for keeping the warmth.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is the corrugate quiet enough to draw a bow back without spooking deer

That’s just it. I don’t know of a good wind resist piece that also is quiet as really want for whitetail bowhunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
Considering most of my stuff is first lite, i like the looks of the corrugate jacket. I'd go with it over the Klamath. It's just down to the peloton or corrugate. I kinda have the itch to try kuiu in the Verde for the south but I love fusion as everything I have is fusion

Keep in mind, the Corrugate has no insulating properties at all. It's just like the Corrugate pants. I also think the Corrugate is noisy, if I were a bow hunter I probably wouldn't use it.
I love the 240, it is always part of my layering system.

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Keep in mind, the Corrugate has no insulating properties at all. It's just like the Corrugate pants. I also think the Corrugate is noisy, if I were a bow hunter I probably wouldn't use it.
I love the 240, it is always part of my layering system.
The Corrugate isn't 7 yards, trad bow quiet, but it's certainly quiet enough for bow hunting..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Mudd Foot

WKR
I have both. Peloton 240 as an outer piece is good at cutting wind and sort of repels the water decent warmth. Kalamath is 100% a mid layer. Put something over it and it's amazing for keeping the warmth.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ditto. Prefer the 240 across the board to the Klamath.

prm

WKR
The Peloton 240 absolutely blocks almost all wind unless its really blowing. You will feel a 20 mph wind through it but not much of that wind is coming through. The 240 is a grided fleece outer so no water resistance at all.

Exactly. 240 is great with wind. Not meant for wet.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I own both and prefer the Klamath. Better fit for me and I thought it had better wind resistance and breath ability, both in the field and in front of a fan. Also thought it was warmer with a better hood.

Also, the zipper broke on my peloton just from regular use and I had it refunded. Didn’t affect my thoughts on it though as I figured it was just a freak accident not an overall issue with the piece.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Klamath better as a mid layer and the 240 better as an outer. Both block a little wind, but neither would be good for rain. I’d say the jet stream or jet stream lite would be best for what you’re describing. Kuiu guide dcs would be ok. It blocks some wind and can handle some light rain.

Lowg08

WKR
I have been able to subject the 240 to some weather. One day was 30 with 20 mph winds and another day was 14 with 10mph winds. It bucked the wind great and held in the warmth. I did put a pull over Berber hoodie over it on the 14 day. If I moved around allot I would start to sweat. I had a fuse top under it. Hope it helps you

rjf611

FNG
I use my 240 as my outer layer. Have yet to feel the wind through it with a traverse zip t and Chama underneath. Wear it on every hunt here in the east. Will also use a Cabelas Berber hoodie over it on colder stand hunts. I didn’t care for the hood fit of the hooded version tho and am running the jacket.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I really want to pick up a 240 but not sure about going with hood or no hood. Is the hood similar to the Peloton 97?Love the 97 but the hood is so small

Lowg08

WKR
I prefer the hooded version and it doesn’t get in the way of my anchor point when bow hunting

sivart

WKR
I haven't found a jacket that compares to the Peleton 240. To me it's perfect for western hunting. Light, breaths, warm, no bulk, and does block wind.

rjf611

FNG
I really want to pick up a 240 but not sure about going with hood or no hood. Is the hood similar to the Peloton 97?Love the 97 but the hood is so small

I had the same issues with the hood as the guy in this video. So after ordering 3 different hooded 240’s at 3 different times with this issue I gave up and run the non hooded version. I added the chama to my kit for the hood.

Last edited: