Peloton 240 question

WoodBow

WKR
Does it get significantly quieter with use/washing?

I bought a full zip and a vest purely for more wind resistant mid layers for treestand hunting whitetails. Ive worn a sitka core heavyweight hoodie and a cheap fleece vest for years to do a large percentage of my whitetail hunting in. But the wind goes right through it. I thought the 240, being a fleece with no wind stop membrane, would remain quiet. Not so much. It is just as loud as a soft shell. I feel it is going to be too loud for a lot of my use if it does not get quieter over time. I will say they are very nice pieces though. Fit and finish are excellent and if they aren't wind proof the are close. Warmth to bulk ration seems quite good.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mine is super quiet, but I never remember it being loud 🤷🏼‍♀️. I will say, mine is 3 or 4 years old, maybe there were changes.

Install the NIOSH app on your phone. Record the sound levels of your "preferred" quiet clothing. Then do the same for your 240. Compare your results.

My 240 jacket and vest are fairly quiet. But it was not designed to be use in a tree stand with game a few yards away. If you want Kuiu, look at the Proximity line that was just released.

My 240 super quiet , dont even know how that material could possibly be loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
Hmm i wonder if they made a change. Im gonna wash it a time or three and hope that it is just becauae the fabric is new and crisp. Currently i see no way i could draw on a WT sub 20 yards without a fair bit of wind cover noise.

ROCOTILLO

FNG
Mine is fairly quiet. It wont ever be as quiet as regular exposed fleece, but by far the quietest wind proof fleece I have used. going on two years now, colors still great and no fabric pilling. (hunting in Arizona)

Does it get significantly quieter with use/washing?

I bought a full zip and a vest purely for more wind resistant mid layers for treestand hunting whitetails. Ive worn a sitka core heavyweight hoodie and a cheap fleece vest for years to do a large percentage of my whitetail hunting in. But the wind goes right through it. I thought the 240, being a fleece with no wind stop membrane, would remain quiet. Not so much. It is just as loud as a soft shell. I feel it is going to be too loud for a lot of my use if it does not get quieter over time. I will say they are very nice pieces though. Fit and finish are excellent and if they aren't wind proof the are close. Warmth to bulk ration seems quite good.

Mine is quiet, and has been as long as I remember, but mine is probably 6-7yrs old and not loud. It’s a durable piece, it’s spent a lot of time under the waist belt of a pack and is still holding up well

The traverse hoody is maybe a bit more quiet, at least as wind resistant, and warmer, but also heavier and more bulky. Kuiu shirts in my size are always a little short in the arms

Mer19

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is relatively new and has not been washed yet, however, wearing it regularly for the last month or so has seemed to make it more pliable and it seems quiet to me.

Well I bought a new in a different pattern and instantly felt it was noisy. I'm betting it'll get quieter over time but the noise is actually pretty annoying. It's also a looser fit which I don't like.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
Best way to see how a piece of gear works for you, unfortunately, is to just buy it and see if you use it or not. I have found that the 240 vest and jacket spend all of their time at home. I will wear them to shoot the bow and such. It just is not quiet enough and is not that warm. It is about the equivalent of a sitka core heavy weight but with the ability to stop a light breeze. Though much more expensive, and not as nice of a fit, the stratus jacket is vastly superior. Quiet and windproof. At first i was annoyed that it has no real insulation value. But now I feel it is an advantage to be able to use it in more temps and just layer under accordingly.

prm

WKR
I think it does get a little softer, but I wouldn’t say it is ever loud. I have four and a 240 vest. I’m a fan.

Like the 240 Pelotons and just got a third this fall. It is an ash color full zip hoody and is definitely noisier than the older two Camo versions I use.

Was not planning to wear the solid color hunting anyway, but do hope it softens and quiets a bit.