Peloton 240 size/fit help

For all you guys running peloton 240, where do you put them in your layering system, and how do you like them to fit? Do you layer under them much or mainly just a base layer, and everything else goes over it?

Reason I ask is because I am 5'9" and about 190-200 depending on the day. I have both the large and extra large tops right now and I'm trying to decide which to send back. The large has much more of an "athletic" fit, with no bulk or excess fabric anywhere..not tight or restricted, but what I would consider about perfect, as long as I only have a t-shirt or merino base layer under it. When I jump up to the XL, I obviously get a looser fit. Not necessarily baggy, but plenty of room if i wanted to put something else under it, and not so much excess that I can't put a vest or jetstream jacket over it, but its not as nice to layer over as the large.

If I was never going to wear anything under it and it was strictly a next layer over a base layer and then everything goes over it, the large is probably fine, but I'm not sure if I'm going to want a little wiggle room under it.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
I'm basically the same size 190, 5'10 after reading reviews and using kuiu sizing on their site I went with the XL. Even if I wear it by itself or over a t shirt it is not baggy or anything. If I am layering up it goes aerowool, black ovis 230 hoody, then the peloton 240. If I need insulation I go with a puffy vest under it and it works perfect. Still nicely layered to go under a shell. I do think a puffy jacket would bunch under the sleeves. A puffy jacket would be better over the peloton I believe

Right now I have a large which I love right over my base layer. Perfect for early archery. But now I want another one with a hood for winter time layering over my puffy, so I’ll probably get an xl.

I wear mine snug fitting over a t and base layer. I add a Chinook jacket then Guide vest over as needed. I sized down in the Peloton.

prm

WKR
I wear a large over a capilene base, or over Aerowool if cold. 5-8, 180.

Gonewest

WKR
I’m 5’10” 200. I wear a large. I can layer a t-shirt, 97 hoodie and a puffy vest under it and still feel comfortable. For comparison I wear a xl Axis jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6'2" 225 and I roll XXL. I just wear it as a midlayer or as my outer most days over something like a 210 merino or a 145 depending on the weather. I like it pretty snug to make it easy to throw something over it when I stop to glass.
It's warmer than I expected it to be for it's weight and was a pleasant surprise the last couple seasons. I'll throw a softshell over it sometimes or a puffy depending on the weather.

rjf611

FNG
6’0 180. Wear size Large jacket. I use mine as an outer layer. Merino zip t, Sitka heavy core hoody then peloton 240. Large peloton hoody had a different fit, would have had to upsize to xl. I did not care for the way the shoulders lifted up when putting hood on.
I use this underneath when temps drop.
SD better vest,
https://sierradesigns.com/dridown-better-vest/
Then rain jacket over if neeed.
Could easily fit a puffy over 240 and under rain jacket.

OP
cornfedkiller
Do they shrink at all in the wash?

After wearing them around the house a little, I actually prefer the way the large fits, especially for layering over - but if it shrinks at all, it would be a little too small.

Sandhill

FNG
6 foot 188 lbs and the large fits me perfect. Athletic fit but not too tight. Can be worn as an outer or mid layer. One of my favorites. I wash mine and lay it out to dry. Hasn’t gotten smaller after washes.

Do they shrink at all in the wash?

After wearing them around the house a little, I actually prefer the way the large fits, especially for layering over - but if it shrinks at all, it would be a little too small.
I've had mine a couple seasons and haven't noticed any shrinkage. I've never put it in the dryer either.

5,9” 195-200- XL its an over base / primary second layer for me , blocks the wind and love the hood. No shrinkage noticed

Cdpp880

WKR
I’m 6’ and 200-210 I went with XL and would only go L if you only plain on using it as a 2nd layer. It blocks the wind pretty well and is somewhat warm under another piece. By itself I don’t feel that it adds much warmth other than decent wind blocker which by it self helps.