Peloton 97 vs 240

snowplow

WKR
The 97 is kurushi or whatever fleece, the 240 which l have seems like a different animal altogether.

I really like my 240 and wear it 90% of the time with a Marino or synthetic ss T shirt under it. Layering warmer is easy but when l'm active l get a little hot.

I am strongly considering having pit zips from the pocket area down the arms added. I feel like that might make it perfect. Then l heard the talk about the peloton 97.

How much cooler of a layer is it than the 240?
How does it do in the stickerbushes in comparison?
Does it she'd water as well?
Windproof or breathable?

I have noticed if l get too many fleece layers on l feel very stuffy. So l am trying to find that ballence that does not require 7 layers.

Thanks fellas

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

j33

WKR
97 is incredibly breathable, not wind proof at all. Not strong at all for thick bushes. Dries very quick.

No pockets, meant to be an extremely light mid layer. My XXL is 6oz, my First Lite Kiln XL is 15.6oz, take a guess which one I bring...

OutdoorAg

WKR
Agree with J33...the 97 is not a durable piece. Its meant as a layer, not an outer brush buster. The times I've shed an outer layer and gone off with just the 97, I've always come back with snags.

Its one of my favorite for its weight to warmth ratio, and if it was $15 cheaper, I'd buy more bc I truly do love the piece. But its durability (or lack of) is always on my mind.

I tend to wear it over a light t-shirt, with the 240 on top, and a puffy vest in the pack. That covers a LOT of temp range.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Awesome.

Is there something better for a lighter alternative than the 240 that can be worn as an outer layer?

Is it about like a thin Marino shirt as far as durability?

Do the stickers grab and hold like Velcro? Ripping off stickers to clingy material is what is usually hard on my clothes around here.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Awesome.

Is there something better for a lighter alternative than the 240 that can be worn as an outer layer?

Is it about like a thin Marino shirt as far as durability?

Do the stickers grab and hold like Velcro? Ripping off stickers to clingy material is what is usually hard on my clothes around here.

The 240 is thicker than a merino shirt. It’s very much like a med weight fleece zip up/jacket.

I’ve found the 240 to be durable, warm, and wind cutting. IMO, if you don’t have to worry about much moisture, it’s a killer piece and a sneaky great gear offering from KUIU.

The only thing I’ve owned that I like as much as the 240 is the Sitka Traverse shirt. I believe it’s lighter, but not a wind cutting.

The 240 is billed as a layer piece, but it’s my go to jacket. Top it with a vest for extra warmth if needed. Or puffy vest under. That’s how I do it...Kenai ultra vest under the 240 when I’m sitting. Guide vest over the 240 if I want extra moisture shedding or durability.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Cool thanks. That's about how l use my 240 as well. 90% of the time as an outer layer.

I was wondering about the durability of the peloton 97. What I was getting at was I need a certain level of durability because there sticker bushes everywhere around here.

But without being said I think a Merino t-shirt is pretty lightweight in the durability department. And even that is durable enough for what I use it for. The only thing that is really aggravating around here is certain things just stick to the sticker bushes like Velcro. My 240 does not do that. And I am hoping the 97 wouldn't either. Or at least not too bad.

OutdoorAg

WKR
The 97 isn't a magnet like velcro, as the face of it is brushed, but anything that picks or pulls would likely hang the 97 if there's enough force.