Pendleton (Oregunsmithing) stock experience?

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at a lightweight stock from Pendleton as compared to the gold standard McMillan. For my gun these are pretty much the only two aftermarket stock options available. The Pendleton's are significantly lighter on paper but have seen some pretty negative reviews, though most are from years prior. Would love to save a half a pound, but not sure it's worth the risk.

I am wondering if there are folks who have had an overall good experience with Pendleton and the squeaky wheels of the stocks gone wrong get the grease. If anyone can share some success stories with your Pendleton stock I would really like to hear about it. Thanks.

Last edited:

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one used about five years ago for my kimber Montana in .338 win mag. I bought it knowing the LOP was to short for me at 12.5” but got a smoking deal and thought I could make it work. The actual construction was very good, inletting was perfect, it’s stiff, feels great and the weight was “average”. I’ve owned B&C, McMillan and wildcat stocks in the past and it was comparable to a wildcat or McMillan.
I then decided I needed to fix the LOP issue so I contacted Wayne. He told me for $50 plus shipping he would make it whatever length I wanted. So I mailed it to him from Canada and then I went to work for a month. When I got home it was there waiting for me. I don’t know how long he had it but considering shipping times he wouldn’t of had it for more then a week.
The stock came back with a 13.75” LOP and the same paint job and I can’t to this day tell where he extended it or where the paint job was touched up. He didn’t repaint the entire stock but he made it match so perfectly it looks like one paint job.
Its now 28 ounces so fairly porky all things considered but it handles recoil very well, fits great and hasn’t given me any trouble.

I’m not around the rifle right now but of the pics on my phone.

Before it was extended.

ddc57ea1cddcf4560fcda7fcf37c86a2.jpg

After it was extended.

abb9d10699bd7142dd98be451e1a54d7.jpg

bebf9062849b4b24f7792c732bf9c9ca.jpg

davidsapp

Lil-Rokslider
I had one on a semi custom Sako 85, likable stock with good ergonomics for me. Sold the rifle to a buddy a couple years ago so no pictures. I’ve considered getting one on a Howa Grendel

pirogue

WKR
I think Pendleton will be associated with some fine saddles, and 20 year old whiskey that is watered down to 80 proof, more so than gun stocks.

OP
S

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one used about five years ago for my kimber Montana in .338 win mag. I bought it knowing the LOP was to short for me at 12.5” but got a smoking deal and thought I could make it work. The actual construction was very good, inletting was perfect, it’s stiff, feels great and the weight was “average”. I’ve owned B&C, McMillan and wildcat stocks in the past and it was comparable to a wildcat or McMillan.
I then decided I needed to fix the LOP issue so I contacted Wayne. He told me for $50 plus shipping he would make it whatever length I wanted. So I mailed it to him from Canada and then I went to work for a month. When I got home it was there waiting for me. I don’t know how long he had it but considering shipping times he wouldn’t of had it for more then a week.
The stock came back with a 13.75” LOP and the same paint job and I can’t to this day tell where he extended it or where the paint job was touched up. He didn’t repaint the entire stock but he made it match so perfectly it looks like one paint job.
Its now 28 ounces so fairly porky all things considered but it handles recoil very well, fits great and hasn’t given me any trouble.

I’m not around the rifle right now but of the pics on my phone.

Before it was extended.

ddc57ea1cddcf4560fcda7fcf37c86a2.jpg

After it was extended.

abb9d10699bd7142dd98be451e1a54d7.jpg

bebf9062849b4b24f7792c732bf9c9ca.jpg
Thanks, this is helpful for sure. Any chance you know what contour this is? Looks like his classic A maybe?

I'm looking at the A but leaning towards the ultralight classic C.

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
I own quite a number of their wool shirts and the quality is excellent.

slick

WKR
I own quite a number of their wool shirts and the quality is excellent.

Don’t think that’s exactly what he’s looking for... or, the same company.

If that’s sarcasm and I missed it. My bad.

They’re a lightweight rifle stock company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t think that’s exactly what he’s looking for... or, the same company.

If that’s sarcasm and I missed it. My bad.

They’re a lightweight rifle stock company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I'm just teasing. I wasn't aware of Pendleton stocks until I saw this thread, when I hear the word "Pendleton" my mind goes to the excellent wool clothing.

OP
S

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
Love me some whiskey and wool. Just wish I could get those shirts with an adjustable cheek piece.

bradb

WKR
There is probably a old post you could find with my thoughts. I wouldn't give Wayne the time of day. Bedding sucked, cercoated inside my barrel and chamber and said who cares. Thats the short and nice of what I think of him. That said when all finished up and re do his shit bedding attempt I do like the stock. I have one of his ultralights and it was only a few ounces over what he says they weigh