Pentax Spotter question

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
I have heard good things about these spotters, but have never looked through one. I see one for sale, it's the PF-80ed with a 17 mm eye piece, can someone tell me if that's a good eye piece for a hunting situation? I have no clue? One other thing, I have a 65 vanguard endeavor, not a real clear scope, anyone know if the Pentax would be alot better?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure about the scope, but I own a pair of Pentax binoculars that have amazing glass in them. Doesn't really help you, but I love my Pentax binoculars. I think new they were like $1000

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Pentax spotters are/were excellent. The only downside is that Pentax as a sport optics company and customer service is a thing of the past. Ricoh bought them years ago and since then they really have not been a player. I think you should look at the Nightforce 20-60x80 which we have on sale for only $1,199.99. IMO, it's a great scope at a very attractive price

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
It's a shame that Pentax/Ricoh CS is gone by the wayside. Have a set of DCF-SPs I bought from Doug long ago and love them. If something happens to them may as well just toss them...