People flaking on you?

OP
D
I was hoping you would say Colorado lol. Just looked it up its about a 17 hour drive for me. If you can't find anyone I can probably make it happen if you don't want to do it solo.
I appreciate the offer but that is a LONG ass drive lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DIYer

FNG
I appreciate the offer but that is a LONG ass drive lol.

It is a very long drive but when my "buddies" backed out of our trip on Thursday it was about like getting kicked in the nuts then kicked while I was down lol. Wouldn't wish that on anyone! If I decide to go scout where we were suppose to hunt its a 12 hour drive so another 5 wouldn't be too bad if it would save your season.

My only requirement is you slay a giant so I can send them pics and thank them for cancelling our trip lol

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get that, but just say that. This person just totally ghosted me....he could be dead for all I know (I know he isn't, he is my brother in law and my wife talks to his wife daily almost). I get life happens and nothing can change that but don't just disappear off the face of the earth.

Sounds like holiday gatherings will be fun. I would just stare at him all through thanksgiving dinner slowly and loudly chewing my food without saying a word.

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
The worst part I think with the guys who just disappear a few weeks before the hunt is they new they weren’t going from the start. Just not man enough to admit it.

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
Glad I have 2 solid hunting partners. We all live in separate states (Ohio,Pennsylvania, and South Dakota) and 3 years in a row have hunted multiple states together. Got me thinking I should send them some whiskey and cigars 🤔

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve hunted with people like that. Everybody likes to talk about going but talk is cheap. If I hunt whitetails, I hunt solo. Got two guys I could count on to go anywhere if they sign up and they are the only two I would call if I was doing a backcountry hunt. Got one guy that would go anywhere to fish with me if he commits, otherwise I fish solo.

Poser

WKR
I say you take DIYer up on his offer and you buy him a fancy bottle of bourbon, too.

That aside, just go. Take your gear and go. Hunt 1-2 miles from the road or go deep and call it a armed scouting trip. Passing up an animal because the pack out is too deep is better than sitting on the couch. I’ passed a shot on the biggest bull I’ve ever seen because we had another bull on the ground and I knew it was entirely impossible for us to pack 2 elk out. It’s an experience. It’s an adventure. It’s a vacation. You have an 88% chance of not filling your tags anyway.

OP
D
@DIYer If you are indeed interested in meeting up let me know. That is a super long drive though. I'm still going to go regardless. My 11 year old decided he wants to go with me. He was able to hike 5+ miles a day before he got covid. Not sure what he can do now but we shall see.

OP
D
Hit me up at my username at Gmail since it seems like there is no dm function on this forum

DIYer

FNG
Was kinda getting the feeling you weren't about me coming up there. Got up this morning and started reaching out to other people, sorry man. If for some reason things don't work out I will let ya know. Didn't want you to think I was bailing on you so I added the pic

Attachments

• IMG_5594.jpg
    IMG_5594.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 28
OP
D
Lol no worries....wasn't totally sure I was still going to go until today when my son asked if he could go with me.