People taking advantage

Mosby

WKR
It is a great time to sell whatever you have to sell and an awful time to buy whatever you need to buy.

I know guys that only buy what they need, as they use it. They never have more than an extra box of shells around and are always looking for ammo after a trip to the range or before a hunt. They do the same with powder, bullets and primers. They always have to pay current prices and sometimes it sucks...like right now.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So, you have no vested interest in the price of ammo?
I have absolutely no vested interest in anyone else's transactions whatsoever......only my own. But it sure appears that many want to tell sellers and buyers what the details of "their" transaction should look like.........or they could be deemed as unethical. Seriously? Personally, I have max price points that I'll pay for everything I use, and the market passed those price points quite some time ago.

So just to be clear......are you the straw man you mentioned????? I wasn't attacking you. I was showing you how ridiculous your ethics claims were.......2 people coming together to complete a voluntary transaction........who could have ever thought that that could be construed as unethical.

Don’t like the price then don’t buy it. Simple as that.

I agree. Despite that, I can’t tell you how many times on these forums alone I see people selling ammo that I find for half the price and a quick Internet search. That said, it’s not just ammo. Also on these forums I see boots for sale for the same price as a brand new pair that I can get online. It’s not just boots either. We live in a day and age where everybody wants brand new prices for used goods. Hell, look at trucks. That’s why I almost never buy used goods anymore. Not worth the risk to say 5%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have absolutely no vested interest in anyone else's transactions whatsoever......only my own. But it sure appears that many want to tell sellers and buyers what the details of "their" transaction should look like.........or they could be deemed as unethical. Seriously? Personally, I have max price points that I'll pay for everything I use, and the market passed those price points quite some time ago.

So just to be clear......are you the straw man you mentioned????? I wasn't attacking you. I was showing you how ridiculous your ethics claims were.......2 people coming together to complete a voluntary transaction........who could have ever thought that that could be construed as unethical.
I'll save you the trouble of looking up straw man fallacy, it is defined as "Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument."

I did not take it as a personal attack, however from my very first post on this thread I have been (or at least have tried to be) clear on what I take issue with. Ant this point in the thread, it is certainly clear. Attempts to broaden that to include things I don't take issue with and supporting that by stripping one line out of context leads me to conclude that either you are not interested enough in the topic to fully engage in the discussion or that you are being disingenuous. Either way, I'm left with repeating myself, which is a wast of everyone's time.

If you are actually being genuine, read my below post from this thread and interpret it in the context of your example regarding house sales.

In your case, a fair price is whatever the buyer will pay. I would try and make some money on it, primarily by selling it with the gun. But there would be nothing wrong with splitting them up.

I have some ammo I bought years ago, it has been moved all over the country and my cost of ownership at this point is significantly higher than what I payed at the time. I've not tried to sell it, but I would rather burn it all at the range than sell it for what I payed.

Plus, in a free market higher prices increase supply by inducing individuals to sell from their stocks.

Of course, my opinion does not really matter, but I don't take issue off of profiting. Even if someone bought ammo 2 years ago with the explicit intent of reselling if prices increased as they add elasticity and reserve to the market.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'll save you the trouble of looking up straw man fallacy, it is defined as "Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument."
Before this past year I'm pretty sure most would agree that $250/1000 primers would have fallen into the "distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented", yet is in fact now reality. Selling houses isn't far behind that.......if at all. So straw man really doesn't apply here, as what I posted actually supports my position.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Before this past year I'm pretty sure most would agree that $250/1000 primers would have fallen into the "distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented", yet is in fact now reality. Selling houses isn't far behind that.......if at all. So straw man really doesn't apply here, as what I posted actually supports my position.
Did you not read? In general I don't have an issue with people selling primers/ammo/houses for any amount. I have a problem with people who are parasites on the supply chain. So yes, your argument is a complete straw man.

In a straw man argument it of course whatever you say supports your position (why would anyone make an argument that did not?). The problem is that it does not represent my position. Which is evidence that for whatever reason rather than engage my actual position, you create a "straw man" to attack so you can claim victory.

If you had made your post to the thread in general, you had good arguments, the problem is you made it in reply to my arguments, which means you should actually deal with my arguments rather than a fantasy version that helps you sleep at night because you got your trophy.

I quoted my own post so you would not have to scroll back and find them, I also provided the definition of a straw man fallacy so you would not have to take 15 seconds and look it up. In other words, I expended effort to help you prove my conclusion wrong, however it has been confirmed instead. See post #86, and find the word conclude for the conclusion I'm referring to if in doubt.

OP
T

tuk

FNG
Gentleman. I appreciate the feedback and insight on this topic. Some i hadn’t thought of, some i had and don’t agree with. times are changing. and we must adjust.

Button

WKR
I miss 18 cent brass 9mm and 47 cent brass .308.
Glad I saw this coming and had the means to prepare years ago, though I’m not ammo independent quite yet.

MattB

WKR
You'll have a happier life if you don't let the voluntary interactions of others, economic or otherwise, frustrate you. Live and let live.
So very this.

My dad used to say "not your wife, not your life, so don't sweat it."

Wags

WKR
It definitely stings, tanking my 2 young boys who are just learning to shoot out to practice on sporting clays. It is a $350 trip every time. $250 of that is ammo. It sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it. I either pay it, or I don't. I'm not well off by any means so I work OT to pay for these trips. I'm fortunate to have that opportunity. It's worth every penny to get them the practice they need to be proficient in the field this fall. I hope things come down in price and increase in availability but I don't see that happening anytime soon. It sure hurt's paying $10 a box for 20ga target loads though....

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
I think lowly of the guys who camp out on retailers and buy ammo expressly for the purpose of selling at a much higher rate to folks who need the ammo for hunting season. Piss on those guys. Not everyone can be lined up at 8am on ammo delivery day.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just paid $600+ for 8lb jug of
4350 powder on GB.

I needed it for my 6.5 creed hunting load for
this fall.

I also paid $200 for 1k of primers.

I was happy to pay that,

supply and demand......
Good grief, I could have saved you money on that 4350 lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk