Pepperoni Sticks With Game Meat

This book will get you rolling with stuff you probably have in your kitchen now.

Well you just cost me $40 👍👍👍

Woodsman

FNG
one of my buddies makes really good pepperoni out of his deer every year. I'm pretty sure he gets everything from Cabela's?

cfa3c192633c1180a6bbcd07a4b62586.jpg

e01ad6c99aa8ae29c7e16cd5e2d15cc9.jpg

I’ve done a few thousand pounds of pepperoni sticks over the years. Pretty much any kind of game meat works great.

27220e2723cac126baad112d6e4b037b.jpg

For “Meat” I use a 50/50 mix of game meat (elk, moose, deer etc) to a 70/30 pork (I buy shoulder chunks in bulk from a packing plant). I double grind for pepperoni sticks.

Mix for 8 minutes refers to time in my Hobart mixer. The key is to make sure it is very very well blended without becoming paste.

Once stuffed hang for 24 hours to bloom then smoke over oak at low temp until internal is 165°F. Hang again to cool and shrivel.

Looks like you're a pro! I have a few questions if you're still around. That Fos-b link you provided only ships to Canada, and I don't see a comparable product for sale through anywhere else. Do you have an alternative cure accelerator that you like or think would work as well? Also, I'm guessing you grind, then stuff in casing, then hang 24 hours before the smoking. For the 24 hours, I presume that would be under refrigeration conditions? Also, how hot does this mix come out to with 6 Tbsp-- would you say mild, medium, or hot?

Thanks for the above information even if you don't get around to the questions; I'm looking at doing something pretty much identical, though with closer to 80% game meat and 20% pork back fat.