Percentages

Gooshnt

FNG
Curious what is your call- in percentage and kill percentage through the year on coyotes

We have kept data in the past. The trends seem to stay close year after year. We figure we average one coyote called in for every 6 stands. Remember that’s an average over a whole year and about 10 states. Some days are way better and some days are blank. Depends on the weather and the land.

it varies so much between region and time of year. on the coast it may be one out of a dozen sets (random sets without cherry picking those areas you come across with tons of fresh sign)

over east it's much, much better. I went over to my bro in law's house (east of Burns,Or) and we made 11 sets in 2 days, and called in coyotes 9 of those sets.... a couple sets we called in 2. if that was averaged out, it would have been over one dog per set.

i think a fair avg over east would be one dog every 3 sets called in if conditions were ok.... there are places over there that are hunted harder that's much tougher hunting.

we aren't getting every one we call in killed either, probably just over half.... get one called in on the coast and it's usually dead, but setups are so much more important to just verify you called one in.

I think over here, I call in more than I know about, but they never come into the open, and get my wind before they are seen.

SoDaky

WKR
Area specific.
Assuming decent conditions,public land in some States maybe 1 in 4 or 5.Short distance away,1 in 10-or worse.

WCB

WKR
I haven't kept track but mentally I would say averaged out it would be 1 in 5 or 6. This is mainly in the Dakotas and in areas that I know have lots of yotes. That number gets skewed easy either way when like this past weekend I went out and did four stands in the morning in super high winds by my house. Not high coyote density compared to where I hunt in the Dakotas and the winds come up to 30mph after the first stand.

Also, when out west on those perfect single digit or sub zero days with sun and a slight breeze we spend more time spotting yotes and not doing as much blind calling and we may call one in every sit or almost every sit because we know exactly where they are.