Permitherin on crispi

So I could be totally looking or thinking to much into it but figured I’d post because you guys always have the right answers.

I have a new pair of crispi Nevada’s . I am going to head out in the morning and shed hunt.
We have a tick problem here and would want to permitherin treat before I use them here.

I don’t not have the waterproofing cream yet. Would you guys wait to spray them with permitherin until after to put the waterproofing cream on? Or do these boots technically come with it on already and the cream is for down the line to keep up on the dwr ?

again probably thinking into it to much but whatever

Scrappy

WKR
No way in he!! I would put that chemical on my Nevada's. Way to expensive to take the chance of damage. I would just stick to a pair of treated gators or just treat my pants.

I may be a high risk individual, but I permethrin everything I wear in the spring (hats, socks, boots, packs, EVERYTHING). I hate ticks. I have applied permethrin to my Crispi Thor’s many times with no problems whatsoever. However, they are GTX not leather.

OP
F
No way in he!! I would put that chemical on my Nevada's. Way to expensive to take the chance of damage. I would just stick to a pair of treated gators or just treat my pants.

I was kind of feeling the same way haha. I don’t want to spray them

Hondo

WKR
If you spray your boots with Permethrin and then waterproof them I would suspect that the Permethrin treatment would be less effective. If you spray them after waterproofing then it would seem that it would be more effective but not very long lasting due to bonding issues given the beading & shedding nature of the waterproofing.

I believe you will get better results by wearing gaiters that are treated with Permethrin as well as treating your socks & pants. I've not tried using it on any of my boot leather but I would be inclined not to even though I have not heard of any detrimental issues when applied on leather . We spray it on cattle and is it is said to be safe for dogs. Its toxic as hell to cats so if your boots are made from cat leather I would definitely avoid using it.

OP
F
By the end of next year I’ll probably be spraying them hahah , just right now I feel like I spent to much and they are to nice. I’ll go the gaitier route