Persistence Always Pays Off

OP
bguitierez
Nice buck! Its stories like this that keep us hunters motivated for the next opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really appreciative for the compliment on the story. I’m glad when my stories are enjoyed. Thank you brother.

OP
bguitierez
Fantastic story. Hard work pays off! Congrats on an awesome buck!

Sadly we both know the one day great day is followed by way more days with empty hands lol. Just glad this one worked out. Thank you for taking the time the read my story bud.

OP
bguitierez
Have any on camera you'd be willing to share?

I respect the direct question haha. But I bear hunt with a group. The head dude put me on to some good spots, but I gotta play it close to the vest. I’m sure you get it. That said there’s a shit load of toads over here in Lassen. You head over from Reno and I’m sure you’ll see a couple. Some areas I don’t bear hunt yielded some big ones in the McCoy Flat area, and in Star Lake area.

I respect the direct question haha. But I bear hunt with a group. The head dude put me on to some good spots, but I gotta play it close to the vest. I’m sure you get it. That said there’s a shit load of toads over here in Lassen. You head over from Reno and I’m sure you’ll see a couple. Some areas I don’t bear hunt yielded some big ones in the McCoy Flat area, and in Star Lake area.

Definitely understand. Some big bears where I hunt on the east slope. Already filled my tag. I just like looking at them

TheGDog

WKR
Oh man! Loved reading the story and the details man! Takes me back!

I feel for you though. OMG that feeling when you have to draw.... and then they at that moment they decide to take their sweet-a$$ time inching further into a clear shot... meanwhile the shoulders burning and starting to shake bad... and you're like come on... come on... I can't hold this thing for much longer...!

Dropped right there huh? Where did the shot enter and exit?

OP
bguitierez
Oh man! Loved reading the story and the details man! Takes me back!

I feel for you though. OMG that feeling when you have to draw.... and then they at that moment they decide to take their sweet-a$$ time inching further into a clear shot... meanwhile the shoulders burning and starting to shake bad... and you're like come on... come on... I can't hold this thing for much longer...!

Dropped right there huh? Where did the shot enter and exit?

You said it perfectly haha. I’m glad you enjoyed the story brother. I took a low percentage shot with the buck looking up at 30 yards. It’s why I practice year around. Was a frontal straight into the spine. Severed the main line and lights out. Was very very happy the buck died very very quickly. Thanks for taking the time to read it