Pet Peeves

Cowbell

WKR
1) What I call Texas style hunting - your blind that you sit in year round regardless of wind and, oh yeah, it faces a feeder in a clearing.
2)People that advertise high fence game as hunting - not hunting- that's just shooting.
3)Guys that tell you about their 250" whitetail that was really hard to hunt in a high fence because it took 5 sits to get him. And then brag about it like a free range deer.

High fences in my opinion should be illegal unless all the native game was pushed out of the enclosure first.

jspradley

WKR
1) What I call Texas style hunting - your blind that you sit in year round regardless of wind and, oh yeah, it faces a feeder in a clearing.
2)People that advertise high fence game as hunting - not hunting- that's just shooting.
3)Guys that tell you about their 250" whitetail that was really hard to hunt in a high fence because it took 5 sits to get him. And then brag about it like a free range deer.

High fences in my opinion should be illegal unless all the native game was pushed out of the enclosure first.

I live in TX... it cracks me up to no end the dudes who "Hunted hard" for their deer. And the "High fence don't make it any easier!" crowd. Yeah well why the hell do you do it?!?! lol

I'm not entirely against it but the dishonesty around how everything goes down is a major pet peeve of mine.

I have two decent whitetail skulls on my wall that I consider "gifts" from a vendor at my old job, they are cool to look at and the meat was appreciated but there is zero story or meaning behind them compared to the little dink mule deer that's right next to them.

Netherman

WKR
then #2 is the word harvest. especially when it is some just really dumb bubba using it. acting like he has reached some higher plane of righteousness because he is "harvesting" an animal. I do not see a reason to sugarcoat the fact I am killing an animal. If anything i harvest meat from the animal I killed. to me it is funny hunters tried to steal an agricultural term to describe the killing of an animal.. in actuality they stole the wrong term. In agriculture when we kill an animal we refer to is as slaughtering.... wonder why we didnt use that terminology.. oh yah sugar coat.

"Harvest" really bums me out too. I've taken to saying murdered to help balance things out. If it was spot and stalk I'll add pre-meditated so they know it wasn't an accident.

HoneyDew

WKR
"Harvest" really bums me out too. I've taken to saying murdered to help balance things out. If it was spot and stalk I'll add pre-meditated so they know it wasn't an accident.
I’ll say “shot”. It’s accurate and uncoated. But “murdered” just gives ammo to the anti-hunters and I don’t like to waste ammo.

PredatorX

WKR
1. Game cameras.
(Yes this is the same trash left in the woods that everyone above complains about)
Do you really need this level of technology to kill animals? If yes, then you either need more skills or patience.

2. Grip & grins with the lean back.
Really? Who are you trying to impress?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Coldtrail

WKR
  • Any man showing up to hunting camp wearing bedazzled jeans.
  • Living in the city driving a $75,000 truck without a scratch on it and always saying "there are few people that spend as much time in the woods as I do"
  • Ending any hunting story by saying "BABY!!"
  • "Buck bombs"
  • Gut piles left on a walking trail

street

WKR
  • Any man showing up to hunting camp wearing bedazzled jeans.
  • Living in the city driving a $75,000 truck without a scratch on it and always saying "there are few people that spend as much time in the woods as I do"
  • Ending any hunting story by saying "BABY!!"
  • "Buck bombs"
  • Gut piles left on a walking trail
Educate me on wtf a buck bomb is haha

Poser

WKR
Not a pet peeve, but I recently heard a side by side referred to as a “Texas Wheelchair”, which is hilarious. If you combine that with a Dairy Queen being known as “Texas Stop Sign”, your vocabulary of jokes expanses infinity.

Coldtrail

WKR
Buck Bomb: an aerosol deer attractant, it's like an aerosol can that you pull the pin on and it expels a magic potion that makes deer come running. Used by hunters that don't waste a bunch of time scouting and I'm not making that up....Google it