Pet Peeves

MattB

WKR
The situation that pissed me off the most was hiking half of the 5 miles into a public land spot during archery season only to meet guys walking out with rifles. No guns are allowed on the WMA until gun season starts - and there are big sign posted right at the entry gate saying such. They told us about their target practice session and then we found they left all their Gatorade bottle targets sitting in the trail when we got back to where we had hoped to hunt.

DRONES - I would love to shoot one out of the sky as it buzzes around above me while I'm enjoying the outdoors.

MYLAR BALLOONS - Every mylar balloon purchase should require a stamp of the purchaser's address so I can mail it back to them with some dog shit.

SPEAKING OF DOG SHIT - Anyone who bags up their dog's crap but then lazily leaves the bag on the side of a trail somewhere should be sentenced to 10 years of hard labor in a North Korean Prison.

Game Wardens
I'm guessing you are joking. I wish there were ten times as many Wardens/Rangers as there are now so people who litter on public land, target shoot at living trees, and drive ATV's around gates could actually see some enforcement and get some tickets.

robtattoo

WKR
You ever organize a group hunt? You know, get a few close friends together, let them know which unit we'll all be hunting, which tags to apply for etc? You know, because you're pretty familiar with the area, you know the local landowners, you've dialed in a pretty solid hunt area, maybe spent a few years scouting it, had a little success but a ton of opportunity......

Aaaaaand then THE GROUP ALPHA just HAS to pop out. The guy whose been exactly one time before but is absolutely an expert. The guy who tries to take over everything. Applies for tags for another one of his friends you hardly know & assumes that he can just bring him along. Arranges travel plans for half the group, that are 3 days out of whack with all the plans you've spent months meticulously making. Dictates who'll be hunting with who & where & basically bullies everyone into doing what he wants?

That guy.

That guy's a dick.

Dwt

FNG
DRONES - I would love to shoot one out of the sky as it buzzes around above me while I'm enjoying the outdoors.

MYLAR BALLOONS - Every mylar balloon purchase should require a stamp of the purchaser's address so I can mail it back to them with some dog shit.

SPEAKING OF DOG SHIT - Anyone who bags up their dog's crap but then lazily leaves the bag on the side of a trail somewhere should be sentenced to 10 years of hard labor in a North Korean Prison.

I'm guessing you are joking. I wish there were ten times as many Wardens/Rangers as there are now so people who litter on public land, target shoot at living trees, and drive ATV's around gates could actually see some enforcement and get some tickets.

Your third one blows my mind every time I see it (which is entirely too often). Why even bother bagging it up if you are just going to leave it on the trail anyway.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
You ever organize a group hunt? You know, get a few close friends together, let them know which unit we'll all be hunting, which tags to apply for etc? You know, because you're pretty familiar with the area, you know the local landowners, you've dialed in a pretty solid hunt area, maybe spent a few years scouting it, had a little success but a ton of opportunity......

Aaaaaand then THE GROUP ALPHA just HAS to pop out. The guy whose been exactly one time before but is absolutely an expert. The guy who tries to take over everything. Applies for tags for another one of his friends you hardly know & assumes that he can just bring him along. Arranges travel plans for half the group, that are 3 days out of whack with all the plans you've spent months meticulously making. Dictates who'll be hunting with who & where & basically bullies everyone into doing what he wants?

That guy.

That guy's a dick.

That guy gets to not be a "close" friend and un-invited to future gatherings.

Alchemy

WKR
It’s easy to get mad out hunting public
Hikers/yuppies
Usfs cattle/sheep leases
Ignorant hunters

those are out of your control..., my pet peeve is guys I grew up with hunting that still know I’m passionate year round and come fall they are best buds. We call it the “November Bromance” it gets old quick, and have weeded most of them out long ago. It’s like there summer schedule is Soooo busy but in Fall they magically have all the time in the world....

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Slobs that call themselves outdoorsman. By slob, I mean the guy who litters. The guy who doesn't care about anyone other than themselves when hunting or fishing. They will crowd you when fishing, walk past you while you are up in your tree stand and then hunt in their climbing tree stand within eye sight. They will shoot undersized deer in size restriction areas and then try to explain why they thought their 12" buck was 15". Stuff like that.

BFR

WKR
Not reiterating stuff already listed. I use forest service campgrounds a lot, usually late October after the camp host has gone. My biggest gripe is morons who crank up the generator after 10 pm, turn their radio up to maximum and start trying to talk to each other over the noise. If that was you and you woke up to every tire in your camp flat, you’re welcome. Oh, and I didn’t put you’re chairs in the fire, the wind did.

People dragging a fish on dry ground that they Intend to release .... keep em wet !!!!

Outlaw99

WKR
Convoys of blaze orange gathered at gas stations during gun season. I get it, orange is the law and makes it safer. What I don’t get is wanting to announce to every other hunter and citizen going down road what you’re doing. I know I have anger issues, but when I drive by a gas station in gun season and see 2 or 3 pickups full of guys standing around smoking cigarettes, eating donuts, decked out from head to toe in Sitka subalpine, topped off with their required blaze orange vests.....I get annoyed. I’m gonna look into treatment