Pet Peeves

slvrslngr

WKR
Trail users that walk past downed limbs or other debris in the trail and don't do a thing to clear it. Ya know, it's someone else's job, right? 🤬

And I agree with most everything else previously mentioned. Keep your dog at home, pack it in-pack it out (including cigarette butts), bury your $hit/wipe and back your f'n boat down the ramp, launch it and get the F off the ramp! And I"m about ready to burn down the mylar balloon factory...

:mad::D:ROFLMAO:

Coldtrail

WKR
  • "I'm not trying to start anything, but me and my buddy have hunted this public land for over 20years and pretty much had it to ourselves"
  • Picking up your dog's crap in a bag and tossing it alongside the trail
  • Slogging a few miles on snowshoes only to encounter a guy on the same trail using a tracked UTV who is too lazy to even step from the machine to chat, pulls up alongside to tell you that "a guy used to be able to drive right back here"
  • BAIT PILES.....there, I said it.

Ddog

WKR
Agree with most of the above. Entitlement on public land mostly. A couple years back I had a guy leave a passive/aggressive note, on a strip of plywood in front of a brush blind of all things, basically saying he'd been hunting there for years, he's handicapped, blah blah blah. Mind you, my hunting camp is right down the trail so I know this block of land well and had watched his ladder stand creep closer and closer to a pair of brush blinds I'd built and spruced up each season for years before his parents, who he lives with at 50ish years old, had even built their home nearby. I said to myself, well, plenty of other areas around to hunt, let him enjoy this one. Even though he was kind of a douche about it, ya know? Now, before anyone gets all bent about it, his handicap, I later learned from his niece, is a missing foot due to being diabetic and still continuing to smoke, drink and eat things he shouldn't be. I actually went there that day to chat with the guy, but he was at the bar. His niece and I had a good time getting to know each other, though.

jspradley

WKR
You ever organize a group hunt? You know, get a few close friends together, let them know which unit we'll all be hunting, which tags to apply for etc? You know, because you're pretty familiar with the area, you know the local landowners, you've dialed in a pretty solid hunt area, maybe spent a few years scouting it, had a little success but a ton of opportunity......

Aaaaaand then THE GROUP ALPHA just HAS to pop out. The guy whose been exactly one time before but is absolutely an expert. The guy who tries to take over everything. Applies for tags for another one of his friends you hardly know & assumes that he can just bring him along. Arranges travel plans for half the group, that are 3 days out of whack with all the plans you've spent months meticulously making. Dictates who'll be hunting with who & where & basically bullies everyone into doing what he wants?

That guy.

That guy's a dick.

A few millenia ago that guy would have had a "hunting accident". lol

HNTR918

WKR
Truck, Jeep, ATV, & UTV going around gates and off trail in non motorized areas.
If you leave it unattended ... I will make sure it doesn't start or run along with a friendly call to the local game warden.
Lazy Assholes

Litter is easily my top pet peeve related to the outdoors. As well as people who don't help out at all around camp.

aussielr

FNG
Yep leaving their garbage behind, specifically people who half burn foil, cans, meal packets and that sort of thing and think its good to go cause its been in a fire

The campfire garbage thing is a real problem in Alaska too. I also see places where people just add new fire pits when there are already junky ones in the vicinity.

When people leave their lights on backing down the ramp to put their boat in. Makes it damn near impossible for others to back their boat down.

Absolutely this! When I see someone with their lights off backing in I know that guy has his shit together.

Also being inept at launching/ retrieving your boat and /or loading all the gear in the boat while blocking the ramp for everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

archp625

WKR
Absolutely this! When I see someone with their lights off backing in I know that guy has his shit together.

Also being inept at launching/ retrieving your boat and /or loading all the gear in the boat while blocking the ramp for everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that everyone has to have their first time dong boat things but I see it time and time again from guys I would say have been on the water before. Drives me nuts.

waterfowl hunting public land and every single person out there screaming on there duck calls confusing every single bird that shows up

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
What if the only trees on a field are on the line? Still hate em? Are you from southern illinois? lol

If done right, with both parties in agreement I think this can sometimes work better. If you’re on the line with the stand facing your side and you only shoot stuff on your side it can work pretty well. It can eliminate the issue of “not being able to tell what side it’s on.”

Granted it takes some self control to pass up a solid animal that’s right behind you, probably more than some folks have.

fish impaler

Lil-Rokslider
E bikes on closed FS roads where they are illegal. If you can’t do the work to access it legally, don’t hunt there.