Petition/link for CO ban on pred hunting

The vote for the wolves was extremely tight. It was decided by the middle many of them hunt and fish. Very little info to counter the pro-wolf organized and well funded approach. Barely anyone showed up to the CPW town halls. We as a group are not organized or well funded. We get out worked.
I agree, we got outworked, but I disagree that many in the middle would be sympathetic to our cause without being educated or deprogrammed on the matter and I highly doubt that many in the middle that voted for reintroduction actually hunt or fish.

The CPW townhalls did nothing for us because wolf reintroduction was introduced as a proposition and is the worst form of ballot biology. A shit ton of money was funneled into the groups wanting reintroduction from outside of the state and we got outspent by over 2 to 1.

We also could not lean on the commission or CPW because they are not allowed to publicly state opinions on political matters and that screwed us in the end. Not allowing our biologists and wildlife experts weigh in on these issues is a massive problem, why even have them there in the first place if we are not going to listen to the scientists? The general public has no clue how to manage it at all but put it on a ballot with enough signatures and push it through, cause you know, wolfs are cute and cool so lets vote for it.

The anti's know how to work this game and if we as hunters do not figure it out very soon we will lose permanently.

ccc9092

FNG
Sent. I don't know why they never think about how having an over abundance of predators on the landscape is going to negatively affect recreational activity that's non hunting; hiking, mountain biking and even 4x4. The unintended consequence of this are people who are simply too scared to venture into a NF for recreational activities.

Here is the response I received from Sen. Donovan, she will "keep it in mind", well I will keep this response in mind when voting time comes back around if this bill or anything like it passes.

Kerry Donovan <[email protected]>
Wed 1/19/2022 2:20 PM

To: You

Hello Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on SB22-031: Prohibiting Hunting Bobcat Lynx and Mountain Lions. I appreciate you voicing your concerns about the way this bill may affect wildlife populations and management.
The bill hasn’t been scheduled yet, but as a rancher I understand your concerns and will keep these in mind when the bill is presented to the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee. Please don’t hesitate to write again if you have additional concerns.
Best wishes,
Kerry Donovan
Senate District 5
I got this exact same copied and pasted or automated response from Senator Donovan. So far her office is the only one to respond back out of the five I emailed last week.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider

street

WKR
I gotba nice response from Donovan today. I'm optimistic but like you said, not over yet. It will eventually be introduced to the ag committee.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
OK, today 3 of 4 sponsors have pulled their support.
Maybe all those calls and comments we made using howlforwildlife.com helped?!

Last edited:

street

WKR
OK, today 3 of 4 sponsors have pulled their support.
Maybe all those calls we made using howlforwildlife.com helped?!

I emailed directly as well with personal and got two genuine responses back. It all helps.