Petition/link for CO ban on pred hunting

“Once again science based western conservation is under attack. Yesterday S.B. 22-031 was introduced to the Colorado State senate for the consideration of a ban on all Bobcat, Lynx and Mountain Lion hunting. If you hunt, fish, recreate, or plan to hunt, fish, or recreate in the state of Colorado NOW is the time to get involved.

This link will take you to an electronic form that sends an email to all of the relevant Colorado representatives letting them know that you are concerned about S.B. 22-031. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emails sent and called all 4 sponsors of the bill. Recommend everyone do the same. Would be nice if BHA, Rinella, and others with reach picked this up. Worked pretty well with the proposed black bear hunting ban in CA.

Sent. Passing legislation based on “feelings of the public” rather than wildlife biologists is a recipe for disaster.

FL had banned black bear hunting quite a few years ago, because enough people didn‘t “like the idea of it.”

Due to development, there started becoming more bear/human issues, so they reinstated a special bear season several years ago.

Biologists estimated there were 3,000 black bears in FL and recommended a 10% quota reduction, though they sold unlimited tags with a “call in system” to see when the season would end.

Guess how long it lasted?

A day and a half, and they exceeded their 300 bear quota. What does that mean?

There are a hell of a lot more than 3000 bears in FL, I’d guess in excess of 10,000. We all should know it’s impossible to kill off 1/10 of the population of anything in an entire state over the course of a weekend.

However, due to public backlash after the hunt, they have left it closed again ever since.

That committee has 2 Rs and 3 Ds.

One of the Ds, Lewis, is a sponsor of the bill.

Fields is an antigun loon who represents a fairly urban district.

Kerry Donovan will be the deciding vote on that committee. Her district has the most to lose from loss of hunter revenue.

[email protected]
303-866-4871

Last edited:

johnsd16

WKR
Any chance they want to get this through and then just add wolves as a “predator” once they’re fully “recovered”.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
So can non res . add their 2 % worth somewhere ? I would hate for you to end up like us and be run by a bunch of friggin idiots . YA Im in wash .

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
So can non res . add their 2 % worth somewhere ? I would hate for you to end up like us and be run by a bunch of friggin idiots . YA Im in wash .
I added my voice into the mix for all 4 issues on howl for wildlife’s page. I don’t think you need to live in the state to have your voice be heard. I live in CA, I hunt in CA, AZ and my brother lives in CO and is planning on hunting so I have signed all 4.

I would like to urge everyone to take the time to contact their representative here in Colorado and express your opposition to this bill. If you are not in Colorado please still take the time to "sign" the above petitions, every hunters voice matters on this issue regardless of what state you live in as legislation like this will be coming to your state sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

danarnold

WKR
b40b53323149b84bd57b7d0e4ed48a8a.jpg