Petition/link for CO ban on pred hunting

I just don’t understand why people think it’s okay to uproot a part of our ancestral culture that literally helped us become what we are.

cg26

FNG
This is something that just makes no sense at all and is absolutely fake science. Bump

Okhotnik

WKR
BHA response here:

How much money did BHA donate to fight this? I think they donated zero dollars when NM banned trapping last year. Ive posted before link's to BHA's. FB page where their members supported a trapping and predator hunting ban.

Here is the response I received from Sen. Donovan, she will "keep it in mind", well I will keep this response in mind when voting time comes back around if this bill or anything like it passes.

Kerry Donovan <[email protected]>
Wed 1/19/2022 2:20 PM

To: You

Hello Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on SB22-031: Prohibiting Hunting Bobcat Lynx and Mountain Lions. I appreciate you voicing your concerns about the way this bill may affect wildlife populations and management.
The bill hasn’t been scheduled yet, but as a rancher I understand your concerns and will keep these in mind when the bill is presented to the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee. Please don’t hesitate to write again if you have additional concerns.
Best wishes,
Kerry Donovan
Senate District 5

street

WKR

Flyjunky

WKR
Here is the response I received from Sen. Donovan, she will "keep it in mind", well I will keep this response in mind when voting time comes back around if this bill or anything like it passes.

Kerry Donovan <[email protected]>
Wed 1/19/2022 2:20 PM

To: You

Hello Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on SB22-031: Prohibiting Hunting Bobcat Lynx and Mountain Lions. I appreciate you voicing your concerns about the way this bill may affect wildlife populations and management.
The bill hasn’t been scheduled yet, but as a rancher I understand your concerns and will keep these in mind when the bill is presented to the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee. Please don’t hesitate to write again if you have additional concerns.
Best wishes,
Kerry Donovan
Senate District 5
She's a rancher and doesn't understand the ramifications if this bill passes...wow, that's unbelievable. She should be immediately declining this bill. Where did she stand on the wolf bill that was introduced?

Where did she stand on the wolf bill that was introduced?
She is a politician and was trying to play both sides, I don't trust that she will keep in mind anything other than her ambitions.

CoStick

WKR
People are too worried about the anti groups. They are always going to be around. The moderate masses is what matters. With any type of campaign the wolf re-introduction would never have passed. There is huge influx of new hunters, many looking to eat clean, be a part of nature. The demographics are changing. If we just lump everyone into the “right“ or ”left” the anti’s will win.

I think people rightly worry about the anti-groups, the wolf reintroduction proved we have to fight them. Not doing any type of campaign as you stated allowed that to happen. While there is a "huge" influx of new hunters they are severely outnumbered by a GIANT influx of people moving here from places that do not share our view on the north american model of wildlife conservation, and I intend to fight them as well. I don't care if you have have an R or D next to your name, I will fight against this type of short sighted bill introduced by any party member or any bills that are like it.

Last edited:

CoStick

WKR
I think people rightly worry about the anti-groups, the wolf reintroduction proved we have to fight them. Not doing any type campaign of as you stated allowed that to happen. While there is a "huge" influx of new hunters they are severely outnumbered by a GIANT influx of people moving here from places that do not share our view on the north american model of wildlife conservation, and I intend to fight them as well. I don't care if you have have an R or D next to your name, I will fight against this type of short sighted bill introduced by any party member or any bills that are like it.
The vote for the wolves was extremely tight. It was decided by the middle many of them hunt and fish. Very little info to counter the pro-wolf organized and well funded approach. Barely anyone showed up to the CPW town halls. We as a group are not organized or well funded. We get out worked.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to add their voice to this issue in one form or another. As a houndsman in Colorado, this bill represents my hunting for five months out of the year being banned. That's in addition to all of the scientific negative effects that it would bring.
On an adjacent subject, how many individuals who make a living on the hunting industry and give lip service to conservation have been silent on this issue?
Hushin, Newberg, MeatEater, Rokslide, Kifaru... not to mention all of the big "influencer" accounts. Nothing but crickets from any of them on social media. Over one million followers between them, and they're saying nothing about what's going on in Arizona or Colorado. Newberg did post about spring bear in WA, but the others didn't bother. I understand that cat hunting is a niche thing but it's interesting to see who gives a damn about our pursuits and who just wants my money.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk