Petitions filed to list gray wolves as threatened

Haven’t seen this discussed yet, so I’m posting. If duplicate, ignore or delete.

The US FWS is beginning a status review of gray wolves in the western US after petitioners successfully argued a review is necessary due their contention that a lack of regulatory mechanisms exists to ensure their continued existence. More here.

I know we’ve been through plenty of wolf ups and downs, so no need to rehash that all, unless you’re so inclined. If so, it’s the internet, have at it!

While it’s always difficult to prognosticate about these things, my takeaway here in Montana is: seems like a fella better enjoy wolf season this year while he still has one to enjoy.

KurtR

WKR
Well better get the biologist and game agencies and all hunter advocacy groups and any one else on the right side organized and prepared for a fight. Their plan is all ready laid out

Reactions: OMB

sneaky

"DADDY"
These organizations make millions off of litigating. They don't care about wolves. This is their bread and butter fundraising mechanism. Idaho isn't the only state that changed wolf seasons. Montana did as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mtnboy

WKR
Send your thank you notes to the Idaho legislature for this effort. I doubt we would see this at all if they hadn’t decided they know best how to manage wildlife, especially wolves.
You'll get flamed for that opinion here. Hell, having that kind of common sense will even make you a "wolf lover" to some here who fail to live in the real world where cause and effect is a reality.

You'll get flamed for that opinion here. Hell, having that kind of common sense will even make you a "wolf lover" to some here who fail to live in the real world where cause and effect is a reality.
Having the Idaho legislature get involved didn’t/isn’t going to do a GD thing for increased wolf harvest other than draw unwanted attention. So you get what we have here. A new look by the feds.

Mtnboy

WKR
Having the Idaho legislature get involved didn’t/isn’t going to do a GD thing for increased wolf harvest other than draw unwanted attention. So you get what we have here. A new look by the feds.
Exactly.

Some of us tried to explain that when that all went down in Idaho earlier this year. We were mocked and called Wolf lovers.

Hate to say I told you so....but.....

Big Bend of Florida 12 miles to the Boat Ramp
I wish ya'll Luck...
I'm from the Everglades and have watched the Florida Panther mess closely.
We have a few Deer left and the Hogs are Gone...
We do have Kids in school adopting them and naming them..Special License plates for your cars and Thousands of acres of High fence areas that are a No Go..
Good Luck .

These organizations make millions off of litigating. They don't care about wolves. This is their bread and butter fundraising mechanism. Idaho isn't the only state that changed wolf seasons. Montana did as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You’re absolutely right. These groups are great at running emotional PR campaigns to folks who think men can get pregnant and humans are on the same level as animals. The groups as a whole don’t give 2 $h!ts about wolves, they want to keep everything in the public eye and in the court system. Idaho most definitely got the most national publicity over the changes.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah from the outside looking in, I was really confused when the legislature got involved. Besides being hypocritical (ballot box biology is good now if the legislature is doing it instead of biologists???), the extreme swing 100% asked for this type of pushback. You could see it from a mile away.