Pfizer clinical trial data: not good at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoder

WKR
No idea if it's still around just an example of a wholely unreliable source.

Side note, a family friend worked for them back in the early 90's getting his start as a journalist. Said it was the hardest journalism job he ever had, making up complete bullshit stories, and tons of them, but had to have enough truth sprinkled in to not to get sued. He's got lots of crazy stories about working there and the people who bought into the stories hook, line, and sinker...
You sure it wasn't CNN?

OP
ddavis_1313
I hadn’t heard about it. When I think of myocarditis I think more about lots of shortness of breath, rapid heart beat, can’t walk without breathing hard. Heart failure symptoms more or less. When I hear about an athlete dying suddenly it makes me think more of a channelopathy, HOCM, something hereditary which is not all that rare actually. And of course all of them had to be vaccinated to play..Not saying there isn’t a connection, I really don’t know enough about the stories. But random bad shit happens to people all the time vaccine or not. So I’m always skeptical of these connections.

On a five year average pre 2021 there have been approx 4.5 people per year collapsing on the pitch for soccer. In 2021, it was over 20. Not saying one thing caused it. Just citing the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpurtz

WKR
...we do have short term Covid mortality data.
Do you believe this data?

This is copied from the Oregon Health Authority:

Categorization of an Oregon COVID death

In Oregon a death is reported as a COVID death if:
  • The death is of a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case within 60 days of the earliest available date among exposure to a confirmed case, onset of symptoms, or date of specimen collection for the first positive test; or
  • The death results from any cause in a hospitalized person during admission or in the 60 days following discharge AND a COVID-19-positive laboratory diagnostic test at any time since14 days prior to hospitalization; or
  • The death is of someone with a COVID-19-specific ICD-10 code listed as a primary or contributing cause of death on a death certificate, regardless of the dates of diagnosis or death.
Hospitals get a financial incentive for reporting a COVID death - it seems pretty disingenuous that somebody who just so happens to test positive but dies in a car accident, or from lead poisoning, or lightning strike, or ???, is considered a COVID death.

dtrkyman

WKR
People keep bringing up Pollio or some other vaccine from years ago, pharmaceutical companies didn't rule the world back then!

“Sleep in the bed you make.”

I am a physician and I have the right to give medical advice and do daily. You the patient have the right to take the advice and do with it what you choose. No harm no foul for me…….but for you, the consequences are completely different.

Until you, the patient, are put in that position where the consequences are grave & the outcome poor, you’ll never regret making the decision you made. That’s a fact! And why would you? The risk of having a severe case is still very very small. So, I totally understand that view point. Until then, you’ll continue to believe you made the right decision and support it to others. At the end of the day…….it doesn’t bother me one bit & there is nothing wrong in doing so. I have lots of close friends not vaccinated. I never bring it up. They have and do ask me questions and I state my opinion. Doesn’t change my behavior around them nor our friendship.

There is a lot of good evidence of natural immunity lasting equally if not longer than the vaccine as well as being equally as effective. That being said, the vaccine, from my clinical observation, clearly has lessened the severity of the COVID symptoms one gets. So…..there is obvious cause of indecisiveness when it comes to how to proceed improving your chances of fighting it if you get it. Stoping the transmission is irrelevant at this point as neither natural immunity or vaccine seem to do that well.

So far, none of my friends have been the ones on my operating room table fighting for their life with a complication from COVID ……..but those that were and weren’t my friends were ALL unvaccinated.

I won’t give medical advice here because it’s not my place to do so. Simply reporting my observations. Do what you want to.

I know more people who had adverse reactions (Bealls palsy, bleeding kidneys,myocarditis etc...) from the "vacc" than those who had to be hospitalized with the Covid.
I keep hearing one thing and seeing the other.
That has not been anything remotely close to what I have seen nor for the majority of clinicians I know. I have seen less than a handful of “possible”side effects from the vaccine. I say possible because all side effects can also occur from other known or unknown causes besides COVID.

Do I believe the vaccine has caused or can cause side effects. 100% yes. But it has not been on a large scale and many of them mild, short lived or not life changing. Are there some that can be or have been ….yes. And no, not surprised a modern day vaccine has side effects. NO MEDICATION is side effect free. To think otherwise is naive.

Vandy321

WKR
“Sleep in the bed you make.”

I am a physician and I have the right to give medical advice and do daily. You the patient have the right to take the advice and do with it what you choose. No harm no foul for me…….but for you, the consequences are completely different.

Until you, the patient, are put in that position where the consequences are grave & the outcome poor, you’ll never regret making the decision you made. That’s a fact! And why would you? The risk of having a severe case is still very very small. So, I totally understand that view point. Until then, you’ll continue to believe you made the right decision and support it to others. At the end of the day…….it doesn’t bother me one bit & there is nothing wrong in doing so. I have lots of close friends not vaccinated. I never bring it up. They have and do ask me questions and I state my opinion. Doesn’t change my behavior around them nor our friendship.

There is a lot of good evidence of natural immunity lasting equally if not longer than the vaccine as well as being equally as effective. That being said, the vaccine, from my clinical observation, clearly has lessened the severity of the COVID symptoms one gets. So…..there is obvious cause of indecisiveness when it comes to how to proceed improving your chances of fighting it if you get it. Stoping the transmission is irrelevant at this point
Honest question, would you still be confident in your advice if they removed liability protections from those manufacturing and administering the vaccine?

Do you believe this data?

This is copied from the Oregon Health Authority:

Categorization of an Oregon COVID death

In Oregon a death is reported as a COVID death if:
  • The death is of a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case within 60 days of the earliest available date among exposure to a confirmed case, onset of symptoms, or date of specimen collection for the first positive test; or
  • The death results from any cause in a hospitalized person during admission or in the 60 days following discharge AND a COVID-19-positive laboratory diagnostic test at any time since14 days prior to hospitalization; or
  • The death is of someone with a COVID-19-specific ICD-10 code listed as a primary or contributing cause of death on a death certificate, regardless of the dates of diagnosis or death.
Hospitals get a financial incentive for reporting a COVID death - it seems pretty disingenuous that somebody who just so happens to test positive but dies in a car accident, or from lead poisoning, or lightning strike, or ???, is considered a COVID death.
Yeah, there’s a Covid gravy train and I’m sure the hospitals want to ride it. I don’t doubt it accounts for some inflation of the numbers.

Back in January of last year they were piling bodies up in refrigerated storage at the hospital. It was about a 3 month wait to “collect” your loved one because it was all so backed up. There was no question when someone died of Covid. It was fairly obvious. Plus, people came in cardiac arrest likely from Covid hypoxia but never had a Covid test so they were probably not counted in the total deaths.

I could really care less if it’s slightly inflated, Covid can be horrific in terms of the damage and suffering it caused. I think we’re beyond that thankfully but delta is still around and killing/maiming some folks.

Honest question, would you still be confident in your advice if they removed liability protections from those manufacturing and administering the vaccine?
There is no medical advice in my comment. I never recommended either getting or not getting the vaccine nor did I state what I have personally done. I strictly reported my observations.

Aside from that, I do not like that they have liability protections. As I mentioned earlier….ALL medications have a side effect profile. However……..in the day and age that we live in with all of the internet experts, Karen’s, politicians. Etc……it’s a litigious happy society. I see why they did it, but it isn’t something I personally agree with. Having said that……hanging on to that alone as a reason to get or not get the vaccine is hard to understand personally, but that’s my opinion.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
That has not been anything remotely close to what I have seen nor for the majority of clinicians I know. I have seen less than a handful of “possible”side effects from the vaccine. I say possible because all side effects can also occur from other known or unknown causes besides COVID.

Do I believe the vaccine has caused or can cause side effects. 100% yes. But it has not been on a large scale and many of them mild, short lived or not life changing. Are there some that can be or have been ….yes. And no, not surprised a modern day vaccine has side effects. NO MEDICATION is side effect free. To think otherwise is naive.
Same experience for me. I know three people who have died from Covid, including two in my family. And not car crash wrecks with a positive test result - Covid then pneumonia then dead. I know of people with vaccine side effects, but only mild. However, I am sure there are serious side effects and even death.

I appreciate the mods permitting these threads to continue (at least until there is poor behavior). But I offer the following FWIW:
  • If you post something as a fact (as a foundation of your opinion, or otherwise) and it is challenged or even proven to be wrong, don't take it personally. It doesn't necessarily mean your opinion is wrong. We are all fallible and can be wrong, and I'm solidly in that camp.
  • Nuance is dead - meaning that almost any topic or sub-topic in the Covid discussions is more complicated than sometimes posted, at least initially. And I'm not throwing stones. I've said plenty of things on RS on this topic and I've had people with better info and/or experience to point out some of the complexities of which I had been ignorant.
Carry on - popcorn popping

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
Docs these days are giving blanket advice in my experience. My wife who's pregnant had her doc say she needs the vaccine. She's 30 fit as can be and already has had covid. The OB knew all this and still recommended pumping the drugs into her and our new child. Common sense has left the country.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Docs these days are giving blanket advice in my experience. My wife who's pregnant had her doc say she needs the vaccine. She's 30 fit as can be and already has had covid. The OB knew all this and still recommended pumping the drugs into her and our new child. Common sense has left the country.
It's easier said than done, but find another doctor. Mine told me a long time ago I did not need to get the vax because I had natural immunity. He also prescribed IVM and HCL off-label (not for Covid, but still during a time when it was controversial to do so).

I give meds in the operating room everyday knowing that eventually someone will have a reaction, potentially life threatening reaction to it. And I do it without being “free from liability”. Doesn’t change a thing that I do nor does it change the opinion of any patient I put to sleep. Life is full of risks. Choose yours and carry on. What’s here today is gone tomorrow.

You do realize that he was just one of many hundreds of researchers that worked on the development of mRNA vaccines right? He is in no way the sole "inventor" of the therapy. Just because he's saying what you want to hear doesn't make him the most qualified person on the planet to talk on the subject.

tony fauci says what certain people want to hear and he is the "expert" on infectious disease...

ETtikka

WKR
FYI, the flu shot is a complete miss this year, multiple families near me have taken the flu vaccine and it went through them like clockwork

Status
Not open for further replies.