Pheasant recipes?

Pheasant Fingers
Per 2 de-boned pheasant breasts ( cut into 2" strips)
For the marinate:
3oz hot sauce (I use Frank's Redhot)
2tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 packet (.7 oz) dry Italian salad dressing mix, like Good Seasons
Marinate at room temp for 45minutes or at least 3 hours in fridge (I generally do it the night before for cooking in the afternoon or evening of the next day)

Breading is just flour (3/4 cup) seasoned with cayenne pepper.
Then deep fry.

Last time I used Frank's stinging honey garlic for the hot sauce so the dry Italian didn't sound like a good combo for it so I switched the Italian out with dry ranch powder. I think it turned out at least as good!

MeatBuck

WKR
Try breaking down the bird and use the bbq shake n bake as you would on chicken. Bake it. Shits delicious.

Edit: this goes for pen raised as wild birds generally don’t have the fat content to make it juicy.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
I started canning them, probably going that route from now on.

cut meat into 1” chunks
Brown with minced onion
Can with chicken broth

THEN I make pheasant pot pie with it, best way I’ve had yet.

Cut them into chunks, fry it and make it into a stroganoff with cream of mushroom soup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy614

FNG
pound the breast the breast good and flat, marinate over night (I use just store bought marinade), next day lay a piece of pepper jack cheese and jalapeños (optional). Roll up tight, wrap a piece of bacon or two making sure to cover the ends so the cheese doesn't melt out. Throw on the grill turning occasionally until the the bacon is done.
Gonna have to try this one!

HoneyDew

WKR
Pheasant Schnitzel (cutlet). Pound thin, egg wash, bread, fry until golden. Can be used like any chicken cutlet (alone, with pasta or sauce, in sandwich, over salad, etc)

For leftovers:
Add a little marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese on top and bake/toaster oven until cheese is melted/golden for Pheasant Parm. Goodon a plate or in a sandwich.

PA Hunter

WKR
I use pheasant like my Spanish chicken recipes, olive oil in pan sauté garlic,onions add one small can tomato sauce and homemade sofreito. Add pheasant breast or chunks and add Goya salon orange packets on pheasant with adobo. Also add splash of vinegar, simmer then add Spanish olives and diced potatoes simmer again till done.

Pour over a bed of white rice with hot sauce on the side.

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
Beer butt, use a thinner can such as an asparagus can or Red Bull. 20160312_203128.jpg

Bcon

FNG
Not my recipe, I got it off of the meat eater web site, the Pad Thai Pheasant was really good.

cmankingsley

Lil-Rokslider
Any of Hank Shaw’s recipes. His book pheasant quail and cottontail is really good.

Thomahawk

FNG
I can’t wait for pheasant season this is making me so hungry:)

bmejia

FNG
I have been making shredded pheasant for tacos or burritos and such. Throw whole pheasants or parts or combo of them in dutch oven with broth, onions, cinnamon stick, oranges, bay leaves and what ever spices you like. With the lid on, put in oven 300* for 3 hours then shred the meat off the bones. Quickly put the meat in a hot skillet to make a bit crispy then eat on whatever form of tortilla shell and toppings you like. My family of 4 can get plenty of meat out of 2 birds for a dinner. I also do this with turkey legs and can do the same with venison shoulders & shanks for red meat tacos (I skip oranges with red meat).

Pheasant Noodle Soup - make stock with the breasts (on the bone) and legs with an onion salt and pepper, remove meat to shred once cooked . Add pasta/noodle of choice with veggies of choice (I usually do carrots and celery) to stock. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer and add meat back in until pasta/veggies are to desired doneness.