Phelps Amp Diaphragm Calls

Just ordered the new Unleashed tube (I have the first Phelps bugle tube) and the white Amp diaphragm and was wondering who has used this diaphragm and what do you think? I was debating between the white and the gray and opted for the white. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine in last week and I'm impressed. I ordered every color just to tinker. But I have only opened one of them. I am
Impressed with the amp frame

I was going to give these a go too. What's better about them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The main thing I have noticed is you can get them positioned close to the same every time. The design is much like some of the plastic dome feeds that have been made in the past.

Brendan

WKR
So far the only reeds that have worked well for me are the Bugling Bull Palate Plate ones - Yellow, Brown and Red with a preference towards the Brown / Red. A lot of others just don't seal well for me and I get a lot of hissing...

the AMP calls are the only ones so far that I've found that work as well for me, probably even better with their dome and design being very similar to the bugling bull. If I had to choose reeds to go into the field with right now it would be Gray/White AMP.

OP
Elkoholic87
So far the only reeds that have worked well for me are the Bugling Bull Palate Plate ones - Yellow, Brown and Red with a preference towards the Brown / Red. A lot of others just don't seal well for me and I get a lot of hissing...

the AMP calls are the only ones so far that I've found that work as well for me, probably even better with their dome and design being very similar to the bugling bull. If I had to choose reeds to go into the field with right now it would be Gray/White AMP.

How do you like the white one? I just ordered that one and was torn between the white and the gray.

Brendan

WKR
So far I think I like the gray a little better, fastest I've ever been able to pull a reed out of the package and have it sounding almost perfect, and with the least effort of any reed I've used.

But to be honest, it'll be personal preference for everyone. It could be opposite for you based on how much tongue and air pressure you put on the reed and the shape of your palate. Sort of like boots - what works for me might not work for you, so you just need to try them out and see what works.