Phelps Turkey Calls and 2019 Turkey Trips

I have been pretty loyal to Dead End Game Calls from here in NC for a few years. However, this year I ordered a spilt v and batwing from Phelps. I must say, I am very impressed! I was really impressed with the ease of using their AMP elk calls, so I figured I would try out their turkey calls and so far so good. The test will come on some backpack turkey hunts I have lined up this year. Will be running the Phelps diaphragm and a Dead End Cherry Slate call. What calls do yall use? Any big trips for some strutters this year?

Use Hooks Executioner II mouth calls and a variety of custom pots and boxes. Taking my biggest trip ever this spring. Will be hunting 2 weeks in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.

Tom teasers and gooserbat have been my favorite production mouth calls. I also got some true customs from Daddy_rat on oldgobbler.com - They’re the best mouth calls I’ve ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mathews8pt

Ive been using woodhaven mouth calls and Halloran glass. Im always up for trying new gear though.

As far as trips i want to hit 2-3 states plus my home state of OH. Its a little tough being that i have to travel in my own state to get on good numbers of birds but i do what i can. Prob end up in TN, KY and maybe PA.

Jimss

I've had pretty good luck with woodhaven mouth calls. I like having my hands free so my pot calls sit in the truck. I'm hoping to hunt multiple states again this year....concentrating a little more on merriams this year.

OP
OP
trickytross
Use Hooks Executioner II mouth calls and a variety of custom pots and boxes. Taking my biggest trip ever this spring. Will be hunting 2 weeks in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.
Im jealous man. I look forward to the day to be out West chasing longbeards as spring is coming in.

OP
OP
trickytross
Ive been using woodhaven mouth calls and Halloran glass. Im always up for trying new gear though.

As far as trips i want to hit 2-3 states plus my home state of OH. Its a little tough being that i have to travel in my own state to get on good numbers of birds but i do what i can. Prob end up in TN, KY and maybe PA.
Dm me about Ohio. I know its your state, but where I hunted at there, there was a good bit of birds in the area I was in. If you ever cross that East Tenn line, I may be able to put you on a bird or 2

OP
OP
trickytross
I've had pretty good luck with woodhaven mouth calls. I like having my hands free so my pot calls sit in the truck. I'm hoping to hunt multiple states again this year....concentrating a little more on merriams this year.
Nice! Trying to get a plan for eventually hitting up the attempt at a slam. But I made the beautiful mistake of going after Elk this past Sept. So, it may be a touch longer.... What states are you going after Merriams in?