Phoenix travel tips?

CorbLand

WKR
I was there the same time frame as you. Can’t say I want to live there but will definitely be back to visit.

Phoenix is definitely not for everyone, however I do think the state has something to offer everyone. I prefer the Flagstaff area over Phoenix for sure, but market realities mean that’s where I would have to move if I did. We’re planning a midsummer toad trip to Flagstaff, and will drop down to the valley specifically because it will be hot, and I want my wife to know exactly what we would be getting into IF we did it. Even so, 4 years out, Flagstaff may yet work out!
But they have a draw for hunting...and here in Texas you just buy a license, head out during season -which is loong- hmmm...

OP
danwattsmessick
The housing market in the area was what surprised me, and maybe its because of the heat that no one wants to move there, I don't know.

4 bedroom, 3 bathroom houses with a pool for under $275k.

You can barely find a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house in my area for under $250k right now.

I don't know if I could live in the heat all year though. We will definitely be back to visit however.

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
The housing market in the area was what surprised me, and maybe its because of the heat that no one wants to move there, I don't know.

4 bedroom, 3 bathroom houses with a pool for under $275k.

You can barely find a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house in my area for under $250k right now.

I don't know if I could live in the heat all year though. We will definitely be back to visit however.
I’m assuming your numbers are at least a year old. The covid influx from Ca has our market crazy right now. My home’s value has gone up more than $100k. It feels like 07 again, and I hope the crash isn’t as painful this time.

The thing about the valley is you live with heat for about 3 months, but then enjoy awesome winter temps the rest of the year. Of course you could do what everyone else does-sweat it out during the week and head uphill on the weekends. ‘The 17’ is as bad as some parts of ‘the 5’ in SoCal on Fridays and Sundays... Seems like I have it all figured out, huh? Lol... Not trying to convince YOU, just practicing for the convo with the wife, haha..