Phone scope vs Tinesup

JaredJ

WKR
Is anyone use both the Phone Scope and Tinesup? I would like to hear your thoughts if you have used both.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would go with phone Skope or novagrade. Also not sure if this helps but go to page 74 https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/R...5FileBab4A9anJc2noPIbQVIKlMp7HaaFzSUsmljKxSRo
Of course TU has distanced themselves from that individual as Tim has pointed out it's not good for a hunting company.

Back to the OP--Anyway tines up makes a great product. I think where they shine is if you want to Digi scope with your phone and with a camera as the TU adapter can usually be fitted to both. Phone skope makes a great product also but they don't have a camera adapter system currently.
Jordan did some review video of her tines system and why she likes it. Also a couple of other video on rokslide channel reviewing various phone scope products.

Rackmastr

WKR
I have the Tines up for my TG4 and its been 'decent' I'll say. I have issues with the camera communicating with my cell phone if I want to use the remote shutter, etc and find that adjusting the camera on the ring on my Swaro scope seems to be a constant battle of adjustments and getting it set 'just right'. Often times it becomes too frustrating to try and take pics in the end.

A buddy has the Phone Scope on his phone and seems to be able to swap the phone on to his scope so much quicker and more efficiently take pics.

Still searching for the 'perfect' solution, but maybe just need more time with the TG4

I have both a Phoneskope and the Tines Up adapter (not the new universal). I personally prefer the Phoneskope because it's lighter and fits my scope just a little bit better. The Tines Up is nice but it's a little heavier, perhaps more durable, doesn't fit quite as perfectly. They're both functional but neither are perfect.

Never tried the Tinesup but havent had any issues with the phoneskope.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have both and much prefer the Tines Up universal phonecam mount. I don't like they way you have to press fit the phoneskope onto your eye piece. I always think, I just dropped a few bills on a nice spotter and now I'm going to mash this thing on the eye piece so I can take a picture. Tines Up for me

FURMAN

WKR
They both have pluses and minuses. I personally dislike the huge adaptor hanging off the phoneskope phone cases. The Tines up are not as obnoxious and you can actually put the adapter on any case you want. The biggest advantage of the phoneskope used to be the ability to leave the attachement on the scope which made attaching the phone faster but that has been fixed with the universal from Tines Up.

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
Checked out the nova grade this year st a show. Being so universal I loved it. It is heavy but seemed very well built. I wonder why more people don’t use them?

ID_Matt

WKR
I had phoneskope for a few years then just switched to the universal tines up. I hated having to leave the plastic adapter on the spotter. Made it so you couldn’t put the protective eye cover on and just seemed to get in the way. The tines up lines up perfectly every time and fits on my binos too. Really liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I really wish Novagrade would make a phone case with threads that would work with their camera adapter, that has to be my favorite setup for attaching to a spotter out of all the ones I’ve had.

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the tines up for years. Briefly tried the phone scope and just didn't like it one bit.

I recently got the universal one from tines up. Pretty nice being able to use the same one for bino's or spotter.

IMG_20190223_210145_625.jpg

BluMtn

WKR
I have had the Novagrade for several years and really like it because you can fit it to several different cases.

OP
JaredJ

JaredJ

WKR
Thanks for all the comments, I ended up with the Novagrade because I have tow different spotters and have switched between my hunting partner and my self. The ability to be adaptable on the fly is great.

I used the TU a bunch this past year and really like it. I like that the adapter for the phone case is not too large to fit in your pocket.

Attachments

• 20191004_172512.jpg
    20191004_172512.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 80
  • 20191004_172554 (2).jpg
    20191004_172554 (2).jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 79

Rooster22

FNG
Anyone use novagrade on swaro el 10x42 and atx? Talking to them sounded like it may not work well on the Binos

pc3

WKR
I am in the same boat....leaning towards Novagrade for when phone changes are required, in the long run the nova grade should be cheaper as found phones last 24-36 months before they break down.......probably by design. The you'd have to buy a new case each time, which would be more $$ than a generic case.

The Novagrade covers that off, by once and dont lose it ;)

Last edited: