Photo editing

With the photos I have seen on the "photo a day" I have a question for you guys. Are you guys editing your photos or just posting pre edit? If your editing what program do you use. I used to use photoshop but can't afford the price tag on it and am looking for alternative.

Frosty82

WKR
I have posted both. The pics that have been edited have been a combo of light room (purchased a month ago) and whatever program came with my DSLR.

colonel00

WKR
Yeah, Lightroom here also. Shop around as you can find deals on it. Also, if you are going to use a program to process photos, make sure you are shooting in RAW as they will have more data to manipulate.

Buster

WKR
Ball park, what is a good price for lightroom? Is there different versions/levels that have different prices?

colonel00

WKR
Just depends. Doing a quick search, you could get Lightroom 5 for $70 this time last year. Often it comes in a package deal with something else too. Also, if you happen to be a student you can get student pricing on software which usually includes Lightroom for half price.

OP
WyoBowhunter21
Thanks guys. I will have to use the wife for the student discount. Student/teacher does have some perks ha. Is Lightroom just a simpler version of Photoshop?

colonel00

WKR
Sorta. I'm no expert but my understanding is that Lightroom is more of a cataloging and organizational tool where Photoshop is a more robust art and editing tool. However, Lightroom can still do quite a bit with photographs as far as touching them up and adjusting them.

Brianb3

WKR
Light room is for production. To edit pictures quickly but like all programs takes time to master. Hell of a lot easier then PS

shaun

WKR
I use Lightroom exclusively but also use PS on photos to remove any flaws in picture if you go to Adobes website you can utilize both programs for $10.00 a month

steeleb3

FNG
With the photos I have seen on the "photo a day" I have a question for you guys. Are you guys editing your photos or just posting pre edit? If your editing what program do you use. I used to use photoshop but can't afford the price tag on it and am looking for alternative.
I just use the edit in the apple photos app. It does an okay job for fixing some issues, but obviously isn't pro-level. It's good enough for what I need.