Photobucket alternative?

Bar

Banned
Why would I need 500GB? I'm only usiing 9% of 2GB now. I take few pictures. It's not my style. I didn't take any picture of anything i've ever shown. They were all sent to me by others taking the pictures. It would be no great loss to me to lose PB. Maybe that's why i'm not. :)

TH_062116_275.JPG

So it turns out that dropbox is a free alternative without much of the crap that comes from other services, but it requires you editing the link each time which is annoying, but it's a small edit.

Between the two thingies, you'll paste the link you copied from Dropbox. Then at the end of the link, you'll replace ?dl=0 with ?raw=1 You'll also turn off the reference locally box.

Not a perfect solution, but my photograph appears to be embedded to me...and you don't have to deal with flickr's BS, nor do you have to pay photobucket an absurd amount.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Why would I need 500GB? I'm only usiing 9% of 2GB now. I take few pictures. It's not my style. I didn't take any picture of anything i've ever shown. They were all sent to me by others taking the pictures. It would be no great loss to me to lose PB. Maybe that's why i'm not. :)

Because the 500GB paid for amount is the only option that will allow for hosting picture to a third party website. They are removing this capability from the free 2GB option.

So yes you can still keep photos there for free you just won't have the option to put them on a website.

Bar

Banned
It hasn't happened yet, but as I said. I post few pictures and it would be no great loss to me. I do stuff for myself and not to post on forums. They won't get a dime from me. Actually, I have tons of pictures of everything I do, but they'll never see a forum. It's how I was brought up.

dotman

WKR
It hasn't happened yet, but as I said. I post few pictures and it would be no great loss to me. I do stuff for myself and not to post on forums. They won't get a dime from me. Actually, I have tons of pictures of everything I do, but they'll never see a forum. It's how I was brought up.

Yeah then shouldn't be an issue for you at all.

Bar

Banned
It's not, but like I said, because I don't care mine will keep working. Go figure.

My dad was against all showing off and bragging. That's how he saw showing pictures of kills, fish caught etc.

I totally understand regarding kill shots, hope I didn't come off as a jerk. I'm tracking where you're coming from. I do think that they can be in poor taste if not done well.

Bar

Banned
It doesn't bother me that much. Unless it's done too much. I just stay with it to honor my dad who's gone now.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Ive been using Photobucket for over 10 years with no issues what so ever.
And plan to continue.

As far as pop-ups. I use AdBlock Plus and that pretty keeps them at bay

Have fun with that 400$ bill per year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testing Amazon...

edit - only lets you share a link - not hosting.

It'll host. From Defaultmp3 over on m4carbine.net

Too lazy to take screenshots, but on Chrome on the computer, it's pretty trivial.
  1. Click the photo you want to post. It should take you to a page with just the photo, with some basic options (share, info, delete, etc.)
  2. Right click the picture, and select "Copy image address"
  3. Paste the link into where you want to post it, and then put the
    FONT] tag before the link, and the [FONT=Courier New]
    tag after the link
  4. Alternatively, click the "Insert Image" button and paste the link in there
Like I said, if you learn the basics, it's pretty easy. You just need to figure out a direct URL to the image; this is usually easily done by the browser. Once you get that URL, simply sandwich it between the [/FONT] tags. Some places are trickier than others to get the URL ([I]e.g.[/I], Instagram), but almost all purely photosharing sites are pretty easy.[/QUOTE]

And to test it and see if it works... [IMG]https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/YYn3djX4oHu0qnEEIf33MFDiLyMGFGBPr-_UwDTg00YpX92IB?viewBox=2396%2C1598 Sho nuff. My post above has the instructions for dropbox, though i'm now willing to bet that this method works there too and you wouldn't have to edit the filename, though I'm not gonna test that cause Amazon Prime has free and unlimited photo storage for members and that is hard to pass up. I still use dropbox, just differently.

Last edited:
^^ nice you are right - it does work - I had tried replacing part of the URL with the not adding it... thanks!

Guys, if you already are amazon prime members, their photo hosting is free and unlimited - may as well use it if you are paying for prime anyway....

[img]https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/RzCYgW_DAktFw5fnk4zXiygGlo9cC6ab5I9TPfUM_mcpX92IB?viewBox=699%2C932

The amazon method seems to strip all of the metadata off the photograph whereas the dropbox method does not. Given that I do this for a living I don't really love that.... Guess I'll look and see if there's a workaround. I don't want to convolute this, but I may store everything on amazon(we should all have a total offsite backup anyway,) and import shareable pictures to dropbox and link from there.