Photography- one photo a day

Brute

Lil-Rokslider
Nice Whitey Stevek

I will have to check the data on those pics to tell but guessing just over 1 minute. Most fights are very short. I have photos of 10 or so with longest 1.5 minutes. Longest I have seen lasted just over 9 minutes way back in the early 90's. I have been able to observe a whole of of fights in the last 30+ years and most are short....10-20 seconds to be exact. Some last longer but most are over pretty fast.
Those are really great mule deer pics! I have not seen mule deer fight when I had a camera with me. Did see two big mule deer bucks fight in Alberta when I was hunting there back in 2007. I ended up killing one the bucks later that morning about a mile from where he lost the fight. He scored 180 and the other one was about the same size. I did see a mature West Texas whitetail fight a 3-4 yr old mule deer buck and that little whitetail(body size) shoved that mule deer all over the place. The mule deer was twice the size of the whitetail.
I looked back and this fight in the pics lasted 56 seconds.
Thanks for the reply .
Wow 9 minutes is long. Never have seen any fights to the death.
Here is the loser looking back over his shoulder and the winner still in pursuit. Then the winner the next morning.

Muley November 2014 a -7337.JPG

Muley November 2014 a -7360.JPG

Muley November 2014 a -7657.JPG

Stevek

WKR
Nice Whitey Stevek

Thanks for the reply .
Wow 9 minutes is long. Never have seen any fights to the death.
Here is the loser looking back over his shoulder and the winner still in pursuit. Then the winner the next morning.

View attachment 368012

View attachment 368013

View attachment 368014
Thanks. Great mule deer photos. Would love to have access to some good mule deer country to photography them. It is to far for me to travel to good mule deer country to try to photograph them during the rut. When I am out hunting them in our season, the rut is not going to kick in till 10-14 days after our season ends.
I was able to view an old VHS video that was taken was back in the early 90's of two whitetail bucks fighting on a large ranch in South Texas. The video was 40 minutes long and they started to video after the bucks had been fighting for a while. The amount of bucks that came in from all directions to the fight was amazing. The hunter that videoed the fight forgot he was hunting it seems. The fight was intense with one buck being flipped up into the air. Several times the bucks stopped to rest giving them a look of locked antlers. They were not though. A lot of bucks running around those fighting bucks trying to find the hot doe. He had a really big mature wide 5x5 with a huge droptine run through the frame. The buck was between the two fighting bucks and the hunter. He never saw the buck till he was at camp showing his buddies the video of the fight. He was sick and hunted that area of the ranch the rest of the season and never saw that buck again.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
7e4399e1b0fb58bf7c537e94f351d033.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team RBN

FNG
Humming birds are so fascinating. I had a nest of the around my house a few summers back. It was a while before I was able to get some photos of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are pretty cool little birds. I have spent many hours chasing them with a camera and, undoubtedly will spend many more.
My favorite PNW variety,
Calliope Hummingbird

20220113_221243.jpg

Stevek

WKR
They are pretty cool little birds. I have spent many hours chasing them with a camera and, undoubtedly will spend many more.
My favorite PNW variety,
Calliope Hummingbird

View attachment 368338
I also like to photograph hummingbirds. Where I lived in South Texas close to the coast, I was in the migration route. The fall migration was short but the numbers were huge. I had 5 feeders on the front porch and would go through just under1 gallon of sugar/water mix per day. There was a period of about 10 days where the numbers were high on their way south. Here is a pic showing some of the numbers, most I have ever gotten in one pic was over 30. During that 10 day period it would be common to have over 100 at the feeders at one time. We had Ruby-throated, Black-chinned and Rufous as the most common, but others would show up in the spring or fall at times.
1-IMG_019645.JPG